blake

Which camera manufacturer is better,Nuvico or Vitek?

I'm looking at two different cameras to install.I will be using a total of eight.One is the Nuvico CB-HD21N-L and the other is the Vitek VTC-IRV30.Both look very similar and have almost the same specs,except the Nuvico has 36 led's and the Vitek has 30.I'm trying to see which manufacturers camera is built better..

Make a comparision between them:

Nuvico CB-HD21N-L $365.99

*1/3" SONY SuperHAD CCD Sensor

* 550 TV Lines

* 2.8-10mm Vari-focal Lens, DC Auto Iris

* Mechanical IR Cutfilter

* 36 IR LEDs

* Auto Switching CDS Sensor

* IR Visual Distance: Upto 100 ft

* 0.1 Lux (Day Light), 0.0 Lux (IR LED On)

* Weatherproof (IP65)

* Sun-Shield w/ Mount Bracket

* Power: 12VDC or 24VAC Dual Voltage @ 12W

* Compact Size

* 3 years warantty

Vitek VTC-IRV30 $171.35

# 1/3â€

Thanks for your suggestion.The Nuvico is 239 at Spytown and the Vitek is 174 at 123Security.

Use extreme caution when buying from Spytown and several other vendors that aren't factory authorized resellers. Always check the manufacturer's website for authorized resellers. I made the mistake of buying two CB-SD21N-Ls from Surveillent Security on eBay and these cams didn't have warranties. I had to file a PayPal complaint and threaten to call my credit card company to get a refund for two defective cams.

http://www.nuvico.com/unauthorized-resellers.htm

Thanks Tailbone for the heads up.I never even thought to look to see about authorized resellers.This is starting to become a headache..I called about four different cctv installers in my area in South Jersey.All of them said i would receive a return call from a tech to go over what i wanted and to schedule a consult and NOBODY called me back!! All i'm looking for is a 8 camera dvr system fed to 3 tv's in the home.

Going by the specs listed above, the Nuvico is a True Day/Night camera which has the IR Cut filter, while the other one is just a Color IR Camera - so it is not a fair comparison. Obviously the Nuvico model will be better in this case.

Thanks for your suggestion.The Nuvico is 239 at Spytown and the Vitek is 174 at 123Security.

Use extreme caution when buying from Spytown and several other vendors that aren't factory authorized resellers. Always check the manufacturer's website for authorized resellers. I made the mistake of buying two CB-SD21N-Ls from Surveillent Security on eBay and these cams didn't have warranties. I had to file a PayPal complaint and threaten to call my credit card company to get a refund for two defective cams.

http://www.nuvico.com/unauthorized-resellers.htm

Thanks for the warning about Surveillent. I almost ordered from them today, but after hearing about your horrible experience with them, I will not be placing the order through them.

Kinda sucks that they list Amazon.com though. I would have expected Amazon.com to not be a problem, but I guess not. Bummer.

That is a pretty big list of companies to avoid. Does the same warning apply with other products, for instance, Geo hardware, or Panasonic cameras? I recently purchased a Geo camera from Amazon.com and now you have me wondering if that was a mistake or not, because it is on this list.

Warning! The following on-line companies are unauthorized resellers of NUVICO products. Any NUVICO products purchased from these companies will not be supported, and warranty will be voided.

allsecurityelectronics.net

eyespypro.com

securitystoreusa.com

a1securitycameras.com

jmacsupply.com

spytown.com

amazon.com

pillarsecurity.com

surveillent.net

bhphotovideo.com

securitycamerasandmore.com

videocctv.com