rory

MPEG4 IP PTZ

Did I miss something? Were you able to controll the camera or just watch a video file?

Did I miss something? Were you able to controll the camera or just watch a video file?

nice video file

They have a demo which as far as I can tell, is a non controllable live demo of the PTZ in a presets mode.

They're cooperating with acti embedding their network video server into their ptz cameras. Highly appreciated company and products.

MPEG4 IP PTZ is Junk, You can kill the camera by throwing a bunch of colors at it. Take a 99 cent pinwheel and spin it in front of the camera. Watch the camera lock up. Go with JPEG Motion.

MPEG4 IP PTZ is Junk, You can kill the camera by throwing a bunch of colors at it. Take a 99 cent pinwheel and spin it in front of the camera. Watch the camera lock up. Go with JPEG Motion.

Hey, thanks for hacking advice. Are you one of those guys walking around with the laser attached to a rifle scope?

Is that a fact that it will lock up? I never heard of it....

Nope not a hacker....I know this because some japanese guy tried it. JVC has sinced changed the way they compress on their IP cameras because of this very reason.

Nope not a hacker....I know this because some japanese guy tried it. JVC has sinced changed the way they compress on their IP cameras because of this very reason.

Are you sure they haven't fix that on the camera we talk about? I'm getting a pinwheel tomorrow if thats the case....

test.... test.... crash...

Not sure if they fixed that on the camera we were talking about. I'd be very interested to find out if the pinwheel did lock it up. Like I said. Some Japanese guy tried it and that's why jvc changed there ways. I haven't actually tried it before.