thewireguys

Mobotix Q24 with images

The lux level and exposure time is in the top left of the image.

Full uncorrected image

107803_1.jpg

Panorama image

107803_2.jpg

8x time zoom to the right

107803_3.jpg

Night time .5 lux

107803_4.jpg

Night time .2 lux

107803_5.jpg

M12 night

107803_6.jpg

Edited by Guest

thanks .. now you know what i want to see

pst. night time video

This is not a night time camera......

One of the best features about this camera is it doesn't look like a camera and it can go out doors.

One of the best features about this camera is it doesn't look like a camera and it can go out doors.

but then its useless for outdoors if it cant see in low light.

why not just slap a logitech webcam in a housing then, save plenty $$

but then its useless for outdoors if it cant see in low light.

why not just slap a logitech webcam in a housing then, save plenty $$

Like I said it is not a night time camera.

i had success with the q24 in a lobby that was shaped like a cross, it covered all areas with one camera instead of two or more

i have installed over a hundred mobotix cameras in the past year and am very happy with what they have currently and what will be coming in their next release late this year

the m12 is the camera i use for outside because of the dual lens - color and black and white

i had success with the q24 in a lobby that was shaped like a cross, it covered all areas with one camera instead of two or more

i have installed over a hundred mobotix cameras in the past year and am very happy with what they have currently and what will be coming in their next release late this year

the m12 is the camera i use for outside because of the dual lens - color and black and white

Do you use Mx ControlCenter or other NVR software?

mx controller but we have brought them into an existing milestone install to use as the outdoor cameras as they had already installed axis with milestone internally

What your your thoughts on a complete Mobotix solution with MxControlCenter and NAS boxes and SD cards for local storage?

all of my installs have been with storage to nas... they are working on having storage failover goto internal sd card which will be great.. my demo m12 has been running for over a year with a sd card for storage and its been fine

all of my installs have been with storage to nas... they are working on having storage failover goto internal sd card which will be great.. my demo m12 has been running for over a year with a sd card for storage and its been fine

Interesting..... right now they use the internal ring buffer for the failover but as you know its limited to 50M or 64M. I guess they will give use the option to select the location SD or internal storage.

How do you sell the product compared to standard camera systems? What do you customers thoughts on the setup when you are competed.

Am I the only guys diggin the Mobotix products? Give me some input and feed back guys?

All my applications need to see in low light to pitch dark.

Not to mention I dont know of anyone willing to spend that kind of money right now in this international depression.

I saw one of these at the ASIAL last month.

Considering how bright the hall was, the camera was producing a noise image as if there was not enough light.

It was on Mobotix own stad and they had their tech guy there so I am sure it was setup correctly

finally got the camera mounted to the ceiling and set up a quad view. I must say this camera when with enough light say 10-15 lux and up is amazing. everything is built into the camera and on the screen it looks like you have 4 cameras. One camera can truly cover one room very impressive.

Am I the only guys diggin the Mobotix products? Give me some input and feed back guys?

No no... you're not the only one.

I've been looking at a solution for the front of my home... and can't quite decide which way to go.

Arecont supposedly has the newest H.264 version of their dual-imager coming out, but nobody seems to have it. Mobotix has their Dual-imager models, but I'd never had the opportunity to play with one... and at $1500 a pop, there was no way I was going to buy one, and then find out it wasn't what I needed.

I finally had the opportunity to pick up a used Mobotix camera (scratched dome, previously-installed, but still functional), and I've been starting to play with it. I have to say, this thing has more settings than any camera I've ever seen. Mine is a day-only model, but the images are terrific. I'm particularly intrigued by the VOIP capability of these things, but will need to purchase an extra module for my camera to test it out.

One camera can truly cover one room very impressive.

not if they have shelves in there, or corners, and still you cant see the other side of the person ..

In reality you need just as many MP cameras as CCTV Cameras in most cases, plus you will need to add a CCTV camera just to see in the dark.

I've been looking at a solution for the front of my home... and can't quite decide which way to go.

Arecont supposedly has the newest H.264 version of their dual-imager coming out, but nobody seems to have it. Mobotix has their Dual-imager models, but I'd never had the opportunity to play with one... and at $1500 a pop, there was no way I was going to buy one, and then find out it wasn't what I needed.

I finally had the opportunity to pick up a used Mobotix camera (scratched dome, previously-installed, but still functional), and I've been starting to play with it. I have to say, this thing has more settings than any camera I've ever seen. Mine is a day-only model, but the images are terrific. I'm particularly intrigued by the VOIP capability of these things, but will need to purchase an extra module for my camera to test it out.

What model to you have?

What model to you have?

D22M-Secure (day version) with the wide-angle lens (4.0mm). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet... maybe mount it in my garage.

Incidentally, is the M12 Dualnight the same camera as the D12 dualdome, except the latter is in a dome form-factor?

I have a place on my home for a dome... and it has to be B&W for night-time (it will be focused on the parking area for my vehicle). If the dualdome could focus on one area for daytime (maybe a wide angle shot), and another area (with a narrower focus) for night, that would allow me to keep my current PTZ and simply add the Mobotix dome as an additional camera with additional coverage. My existing PTZ is inadequate to cover the area where I park my vehicle, and I also don't think its night performance is even close to the equal of a dedicated B&W Mobotix sensor.

What model to you have?

D22M-Secure (day version) with the wide-angle lens (4.0mm). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet... maybe mount it in my garage.

Incidentally, is the M12 Dualnight the same camera as the D12 dualdome, except the latter is in a dome form-factor?

I have a place on my home for a dome... and it has to be B&W for night-time (it will be focused on the parking area for my vehicle). If the dualdome could focus on one area for daytime (maybe a wide angle shot), and another area (with a narrower focus) for night, that would allow me to keep my current PTZ and simply add the Mobotix dome as an additional camera with additional coverage. My existing PTZ is inadequate to cover the area where I park my vehicle, and I also don't think its night performance is even close to the equal of a dedicated B&W Mobotix sensor.

Yep same camera and yes you can get different lens on the color and B/W sensors. PM me and I will see what I can do for you. Welcome to Mobotix security Does your current NVR software support Mobotix or are you gonna your MxControlcenter?

Yep same camera and yes you can get different lens on the color and B/W sensors. PM me and I will see what I can do for you. Welcome to Mobotix security Does your current NVR software support Mobotix or are you gonna your MxControlcenter?

Luxriot actually supports the Mobotix camera I have... but I may use MxControlcenter to record directly to NAS. I have Terabytes of network storage that I'm not using.

I'm going to play with this one to get a feel for what it will do... and I will probably take you up on that offer. I have to figure out exactly which areas I want to cover and measure some distances/angles.