dmor

Axis client setup question

I am new to IP cams. I have installed one axis 221 cam to play with and test. On server I can live view and view in web browser without problem.

At another remote location, I have installed Axis Camera Station Client to use for remote viewing. I used the IP assigned to the cam at home, user name and password. I can't connect no matter what I do.

Is there a port that needs to be forwarded on server for this to work. I do have a Geovision setup on same unit and I can do all the above.

Also, is there any remote viewing software that can be used to view the Axis cam setup the is not from Axis?

Any help and info is very much appreciated.

David

The Axis Client software is used if you use Axis Camera Station to record your cameras.

You do not need any client software to live view the cameras..... For remote access just port forward and type in your ip address in a web browser.

The Axis Client software is used if you use Axis Camera Station to record your cameras.

You do not need any client software to live view the cameras..... For remote access just port forward and type in your ip address in a web browser.

Thanks, I can view the Geovision remotely via browser of live view. On port forwarding are there any other ports that I need to do the port forwarding on other than the ones used by Geo?

thanks again

Thanks, I can view the Geovision remotely via browser of live view. On port forwarding are there any other ports that I need to do the port forwarding on other than the ones used by Geo?

thanks again

I have never used Geovision so I can't answer that..... Some NVR software makes you forward ports for each camera some just one or two for the NVR software.

chances are if you have it working with other cameras all you have to do is set it up in Geovision and you should be able to see it in the client.

I wished I could find that info on what port per cam if that was the case. Geovision 8.2 allows the installation of an IP cam and specifically the axis 221 but I have had no success being able to see the IP cam with the GV monitor.

I know most of the time it is something so small that is missed since I am not a pro, my system is the only one I have messed with and it is for home.

thanks again for you time

should only matter if it changes...use dyndns.com with a router that supports the heartbeat/update for them. they have a supported list somewhere on their website.