I need to find out Signal Strength that sending from cameras to the DVR how can I find that?

We have a installation and their was a camera not sending signal to DVR(But when we plug in LCD in DVR end it show a picture) I was thinking some thing wronge with the DVR port. But when I plug in a brand new cameras it start reseveing signals to the DVR....

Just wondering is their any software I can use to find this the signal strength or Is their any LCD that I can buy from Australia that will give med the proper signal level sending from the Camera.

The first thing that pops in my mind is that there may be a PAL / NTSC compatability problem between the camera and DVR.

Observation: You noticed a difference with the LCD monitor.

What type of monitor were you using before the LCD? From your description, you had two types of monitors connected to the DVR. Were they from the same video output?

Are you saying that you can get a picture if you plug the camera straight into the screen but not if you pulg it inot the dvr?

If the above is the case then you meed a stronger signal from the camera.

DVRs generally need a stronger signal than just a monitor.

If it is a 12 volt camera look at where the power supply is located. If it is far away from the camera try it with a temporary power supply close to the camera.

the DVR obviously needs a stronger signal on that one channel, right? you need to fix that signal problem. cable degradedor bad? bad connectors? voltage not right (cable)? camera bad? cable receiving crosstalk or interfearance? I've seen my nicely installed cables get poorly installed cables run alongside, ontop of, and ect. AFTER I installed mine. Trace the cable route and look it over good. You never know who has been installing whatever over those camera cables.

video signal sensitivity of a DVR compared to a PC based can be different BUT I would not look there to solve the problem. My experience tells me for you to look at; connectors, cable, power, equipment..in that order.

I looked at buying a "signal tester" but finally decided against it because if you troubleshoot in a methodical manner you will be able to figure it out by process of elimination.