sevynos

DVR System recommendation

Hi!

I'm looking for a good 16 channels camera security system.

I know nobody can say which one is best but I'm not looking for the best! I need the following specs:

- Good image quality with H.264 compression.

- Adjustable frame rate (from 1 to DVR's max) (per camera if possible!)

- Internet remote viewing (image quality can be lower on this)

- USB port for backup

- Record on motion detection or alarm trigger

- Possibility to set some cameras to be on/off depending on day time

- Possibility of changing the Hard Disk or a free space for another disk

- Possibility of selecting the number of camera monitored on screen

- If cameras are included, need some night vision ones

- STABLE (a security system ain't secure if it's crashed!!!)

- From a company which cares for it's customers!

I don't really care about the length of camera cables included as I can do my own cables if necessary.

You can look at the following system: Search for QSD2316C16 on tigerdirect.ca. I liked this system until I read the reviews of people who bought it and had a lot of problems and no decent answer from the company.

If the DVR could mirror the main hard disk on the second one, it would be a plus!

I can go with a good budget but not infinite. I don't want to spend $15000 on a camera system!

I read on another thread someone talking about POS integration. I don't know what are the benefits of that. Someone could explain please?

Well, Vigil systems fit all your criteria (including the customer-support bit), except probably the price. Not $15000, but you're probably looking in the $4500-$5000 range for a starter DVR - talking an Embedded XP system, supporting 16 cameras, 4CIF at up to 60fps total across all of them. I believe the base systems start with a 500GB hard drive, but being PC-based, it's easy to upgrade with larger internal drive(s), or external drive(s). For data safety, you can even attach external RAID 0/1/5/6/10 systems. Export is to just about any device you can plug in and assign a drive letter - USB hard drive, flash drive, CD, DVD, etc.

And no, that doesn't include cameras... bundle packages that do are, IMHO, cheap consumer crap. When security matters, you're better off choosing each camera based on its specific need and purpose, rather than trying to make a bunch of generic one-size-fits-none cameras fit a variety of different situations.

[edit by mod- please do not advertise your business in the forum messages. all advertising is deleted from the forum messages-please contact the admin if you would like banner advertising, thanks]

Thanks mods the junk peddlers are getting out of control here. Now I agree with soundy not all systems are good for all places it has to be built around what it is to cover and what you want in a system.