missmimi

Dome Camera with 360 Degree Coverage

Hi...

I'm looking for a dome camera with coverage of 360 degree. Can anyone suggest which brand should I look for? I've heard that MOBOTIX has this kind of camera but is there any other brands?

Thanks in advance!

Arecont makes a 360-degree model - essentially four cameras in one housing, and the images are stitched together internally for a single output.

Also, take a look at the Capture Omniscape: http://omniscape360.com/home.htm

The Arecont is not full 360 there is a dead spot directly below the camera.

Just looked at Soundys link never saw that camera before I think everyone else uses special lens on there cameras to get the 360 then you have to use special software to dewarp the image and some software requires a separate server to so this. Mobotix does all of the dewarping and recording in the camera.

Edited by Guest

Omniscape does it all internally as well - as I recall, it's a 3MP camera with a 360-degree fisheye lens and integrated DVR.

It is my first post on cctvforum, so hello Everybody.

Mobotix has a really nice solution, besides You should look closer at offers of companies like:

Oncam, 3xlogic, Immer Vision, Sentry 360 Security.

I can not paste links for You (it is my first post), You have to google it.

Regards.

First you need to decide if you want a CCTV camera or an IP camera. Then if you have a budget, post that also.

Cant beat the Mobotix Hemispheric Q24 for price and features , it replaces multiple cams and has a DVR built in. And there not too bad at night either.

oh no blind spots

z

It is my first post on cctvforum, so hello Everybody.

Mobotix has a really nice solution, besides You should look closer at offers of companies like:

Oncam, 3xlogic, Immer Vision, Sentry 360 Security.

I can not paste links for You (it is my first post), You have to google it.

Regards.

Hi maniooo!

This is a great subject actually and has become very popular lately. Take a look at this...

http://www.3xlogic.com/xview

I can take any camera, in this case an Arecont 3100 with the 360 lens, and dewarp it back to a flat image. (you can use any camera you want really) On top of that you also have the added advantage of a digital PTZ as well the MP resolution. A 360 camera is a VERY wide angle. I typically recommend a 3 megapixel or larger just because the image is covering such a large area.

There's a number of companies employing this technology now-a-days but it seems that a few of them are trying to keep proprietary to where you have to use their cameras, we don't.

The really cool thing about these are the ability to virtually manage a store and get and overview of the stores condition with just one camera. Good stuff guys.

This is a great subject actually and has become very popular lately. Take a look at this...

http://www.3xlogic.com/xview

I can take any camera, in this case an Arecont 3100 with the 360 lens, and dewarp it back to a flat image. (you can use any camera you want really) On top of that you also have the added advantage of a digital PTZ as well the MP resolution. A 360 camera is a VERY wide angle. I typically recommend a 3 megapixel or larger just because the image is covering such a large area.

There's a number of companies employing this technology now-a-days but it seems that a few of them are trying to keep proprietary to where you have to use their cameras, we don't.

The really cool thing about these are the ability to virtually manage a store and get and overview of the stores condition with just one camera. Good stuff guys.

Are you recording the whole image or just what your looking at? How many cameras can you do on one server?

How much is that 360 Vertical camera? Wouldnt 3 budget domes be cheaper since the quality is low anyway?

It records the entire round image. The software will dewarp it either in live or playback. I don't believe we have a maximum number but i'd have to double check on it.

How much is that 360 Vertical camera? Wouldnt 3 budget domes be cheaper since the quality is low anyway?

Sorry Rory, not avoiding ya buddy, I don't think we can post dealer cost on here? You're more than welcome to call me and I'll give it to you as I know you're a dealer.

Omniscape does it all internally as well - as I recall, it's a 3MP camera with a 360-degree fisheye lens and integrated DVR.

You need there special DVR for recording

I'm fairly certain that the Capture/Omniscape 360 is a dead line. The reason I joined this forum was to try to find out more information about the origins of Capture's OEM. I know much of the Richardson/Burtek/ADI story, having bought them from each, but where do/did they come from(in Korea I think), and who else might have the same units under a different brand name, if I may ask? Please email or PM me if you have any information. I have quite a few different Capture DVR's installed, with very good luck I might add, and would like to get their PTZ controller, their 26x zoom PTZ camera(s) and maybe even an Omniscape 360 if it will work with their larger DVR's (I doubt it will). Great link to the other site that has a very similar unit. I've already sent them an email to see if it is the same unit(It's gotta be).

The single lens 360 degree cameras with wide angle fisheye lenses IMO are not the goods for 360 degree coverage, a multi sensor approach is the best way to acheive the best image quality without requiring a heavy processor dependant algorithim to de warp and display the image.

Also due to the fisheye lenses used on a single sensor 360 camera there are a number of pixels on the sensor that do not come into play. There fore the images look "washed out" and lack detail in the perimiter of the scene.

A single camera with 4x 2MP sensors with each acheiving 90 degree FOV is a far better solution than a single 3MP sensor with a wide angle fisheye lens.

Do most or all megapixel cams use H.264 also?

No, they use a variety of the standard cctv codecs and some use their own:

MPEG4

JPEG

H.264

JPEG2000

MxPEG (Mobotix)

There's probably others, but the above come to mind quickly.