CCCmarine

mixing analog and ip and distances

I am working on an existing analog cctv system with 8 camera's currently connected to an EverFocus EDVR16D1. See attached pic for the layout (i cant post urls yet). I need to connect up to 9 more camera's between the farthest Junction box and Tower. There are 9 RG6U runs between the farthest Jbox and Tower. Only 2 runs between the Tower and House where the DVR is located.

What type of options do I have for getting the signal to the DVR over 2 RG6U runs? Other than trenching and running more cable is there an IP solution I could use and build a network from the tower out. Is there some type of 9 port decoder available that would get me back to analog for connection back into the EverFocus.? I am very familair with TCPIP networking and structured cabling but somewhat newer to CCTV.

Also, would the ~600ft run be an issue with RG6U and analog camera's?

Looking for options, thanks!

You can get 2 analogue CCTV signals down each co-ax with an SNT DuoLink OR four IP cameras using Veracity's Highwire Quad.

Hi.use-ip.

i have used the item below many times. and for what you need to do i think this is ideal for you.

it lets you run camera signal with power and audio down your existing cable over 1 mile from dvr. take a look at link and you will see the VDS-2200 VIDEO MODEM SYSTEM.

Edited by Guest