rawbe

Viewing from home

I can view my EV8000 DVR at work through my Netopia 3000/27619540 wireless router but when I get to my house the ip address that works at work does not work at home.

Any thoughts?

I did go by the sticky on port forwarding and it did not work.

some routers won't bounce back via the WAN ip address. Can't explain it, just know I've seen it happen.

update your home router firmware......try again. and use your LAN ip address since your wasting resources by using the WAN.

So I change my DVR's IP to the router's WAN IP and use the same gateway and mask?

When I add a pinhole for the DVR what internal IP do I use?

Hi. rawbe.

if you can view your home system from work but cant when you get back home...... it is just a ip problem. all you need to do is login with your local ip and not the ip you use when away from your home. you dont need to touch your router.

hi rawbe.

it is the dvrs ip that you need to entre. and if you can view your system away from home then your router is set-up ok so you dont need to change anything on it.

so use the dvr should use the same gateway and mask. I should enter the dvr's ip in the pinhole ip entry. To view the dvr from i enter the ip address of the router? or dvr?

is their an option in the routers config that may not be turned out that is blocking me from seeing the dvr?