alanjh1965

Easy to use DVR's for end user

For those for you familiar with Dedicated Micros I find the Event Button very useful for customers to look back throught motion detection activations - For those of you have haven't parted with the large amount of cash these things cost , the Event Button brings up a preview screen listing date and time events, wether it is triggered by motion or alarm input. As you scroll down the list with a simple down arrow key it plays each event. Very simple for the end user.

This is particular good as for a lot of my Residential Customers the DVR is tucked away in a cupboard and I use an IR sender so they can use the DVR remote control from the comfort of their armchairs playing back events on the TV.

For those of you in the UK I use the ApolloPro as my preferred choice of budget recorder but there are to many key/mouse presses. Are there any simple 'don't need a degree in going thru menus' budget DVR's that you can recomend event play back like the DM ?

nah he was saying the ApolloPro is the budget one he uses but has too many key presses to get an event.

yes sorry i ment to say apollopro.

the apollo has been around to long not only very budget but hard for customers to use. and it can only back-up 2 cameras at a time. i know i am going to get guys from america saying i am wrong. but the usa apollo is nothing like the uk apollo

Ah but Tom is the Avermedia user friendly and can motion events be viewed with a few simple keys on a remote control?

I'm guessing that easy of use comes at a price or can I be proved wrong !

Hi alan.

yes the play back is very simple for customers. search motion or by time is onlt 3 buttons on remote. and the system is a very good price.