3RDIGLBL

Avermedia EH5116 Pro or EH5216 experience?

Anyone with experience using this Hybrid System? Does it have the same bandwidth limitation issues as the NUUO Mini? How is the quality etc. NUUO Mini seems fine up to 8 channel but anymore than that it seems practically useless. The Avermedia can go up to 16 channels.

Is it 16 channels IP out of the box or is there a license? I've never worked with an Avermedia system but just maybe I can use this Hybrid system (the 5116 or 5216) as an alternative to the NUUO Mini.

Mini is H.264 which is attractive and Avermedia Hybrid is either MPEG4 or MPEG4/MJPEG. Customer plans for a strictly remote operation so H.264 is the primary attraction for the Mini but limited bandwidth hurts it terribly.

Thanks

BUMP

No one of the Avermedia folks on here have had experience with the EH Hybrid models. I spoke to a rep last night for an hour and he gave me a demo of the IP software. Not a terrible interface. They make a lot of claims of being OEM for a few large MFG and there price is much lower and bla bla bla. I personally don't have any experience with them so I'm not sure if I should take everything with a grain of salt.

The EH5216P has a nice price. Supposedly does not have the same bandwidth limitations as the NUUO BUT.................he said if I planned to load up the 16 then I may want to go with a more powerful unit.

ARGH! It's like buying a car that should go 65MPH with no problem but the small print says don't do it for it long because you might blow the engine!!!! Why make a system that supports 16 cameras but then say don't put all 16 cameras because it may choke..............duhhhhhhh

Hi. 3rdiglbl.

if you would like to log in to one of mine its the 16 way avermedia with 8 standard and 8 ip axis cameras. then send me an email.

no you dont need a licence for any avermedia. the only problem i have had with avers is dont put anymore that 2x 5mp on the same unit

but other thant that they are a good machine. dont use the 8way hybrid it does not have as many functions as the 16-32

Got my first Avermedia EH-5216P Hybrid DVR. Played with it for a few hours yesterday and I got so frustrated with it that I almost through it across the room

I find the search and playback feature to be really difficult to use. I mean I've been installing DVR's from NUUO, Geovision and a number of no name brand embedded DVR's and I never had to sit there and study the manual to figure out how to search. ARGH!!!

So for starters the search is not broken down into minutes like every other DVR I've used for the past couple of years. Aver breaks it down to hours. I like the DVR's which break it by hour and then you can zoom in on the hour to see the motion recordings by the minute and not have to play back the hour like Aver. I may be doing something wrong and maybe there search is superior to others but I haven't figured out how or why it is supposedly better.

I have the recordings set to motion recording but yet it is always recording....WHY? When I do a search by motion it is always showing that no motion has been found. YET, the monitor display will show a green triangle when I pass my hand in front of the camera indicating that motion was seen.............What the heck...

I guess I have to contact a tech support guy to walk me through the setup again which begs the question why is this system so hard to use!?!

I'll reply back if a new revelation hits me and now I think this is the best DVR ever but right now it ain't cuttin it!!

Got my first Avermedia EH-5216P Hybrid DVR. Played with it for a few hours yesterday and I got so frustrated with it that I almost through it across the room

I find the search and playback feature to be really difficult to use. I mean I've been installing DVR's from NUUO, Geovision and a number of no name brand embedded DVR's and I never had to sit there and study the manual to figure out how to search. ARGH!!!

So for starters the search is not broken down into minutes like every other DVR I've used for the past couple of years. Aver breaks it down to hours. I like the DVR's which break it by hour and then you can zoom in on the hour to see the motion recordings by the minute and not have to play back the hour like Aver. I may be doing something wrong and maybe there search is superior to others but I haven't figured out how or why it is supposedly better.

I have the recordings set to motion recording but yet it is always recording....WHY? When I do a search by motion it is always showing that no motion has been found. YET, the monitor display will show a green triangle when I pass my hand in front of the camera indicating that motion was seen.............What the heck...

I guess I have to contact a tech support guy to walk me through the setup again which begs the question why is this system so hard to use!?!

I'll reply back if a new revelation hits me and now I think this is the best DVR ever but right now it ain't cuttin it!!

Hi 3RDIGLBL you are doing something very wrong. let me give you a hint. STOP USING THE REMOTE CONTROL. AND INSERT A MOUSE YOU WILL SEE THE O/S CHANGE. to the same as the sa/nv/xr and then see what you think of the system. you will then find footage not to the hour but to the second. and much easyer to use. but please make shure you have the new EH and not the EB.

http://www.cctvengineer.com/EH5216.pdf

I haven't even unpacked the remote. I am using the mouse. Aver tech support could not fix the issue so yes I have an issue with my first ever EH5216+ unit.

I just now loaded new firmware so I will go through the motions again to see if reinstalling the firmware will fix the issues I have with this thing.

Stay tuned!

I haven't even unpacked the remote. I am using the mouse. Aver tech support could not fix the issue so yes I have an issue with my first ever EH5216+ unit.

I just now loaded new firmware so I will go through the motions again to see if reinstalling the firmware will fix the issues I have with this thing.

Stay tuned!

OK. It is being sent back as a DOA! My very first 5216+

What ever happened to the quality of products. There doesn't seem to be much QA anymore.

does not sound good 3RDIGLBL. first time i have heard of anyone sending 1 back. and i will have a talk tomorrow with avermedia. if you have a problem they will be others.

can i ask which unit you have. is it the lite or pro.

does not sound good 3RDIGLBL. first time i have heard of anyone sending 1 back. and i will have a talk tomorrow with avermedia. if you have a problem they will be others.

can i ask which unit you have. is it the lite or pro.

It's the EH5216+ so the plus version that has buttons on the front (ie pro I guess).

The issue is this. When set to motion detection recording the red triangle will not disappear in the preset amount of time and it will not dump the preset amount of video before the motion occured. I pass my hand in front of the camera and I see the shadow in the video as it passed not the hand. I open a door and I see the door close but not open.

If the red triangle was not on the screen and I happen to pass my hand in front of the camera you will see the green triangle indicating motion was detected but the red continues to stay on for the remainder of that hour. When a new hour comes around the red triangle disappears.

I did not make note unfortunately of the firmware version as I received it but I did flash the latest version on it and verified the failure continued. I now wait for my RA so I can send this thing back.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

EH series comes with Gigabit LAN, I don't think bandwidth will be a problem. And most important, they are total different product, if you compare to NUUO Mini, that is a NAS recorder without local display while AVer EH series is embedded Hybrid DVR with local display.

If what you want is NAS recorder, there is a MXR series in AVer family, which is the right product for you, and that comes with dual Gigabit LAN port, you don't have to worry about bandwidth.

ps. Actually AVer NVR also support H.264 if you mean IP camera channels

hi good day everyone,

do you need to buy a license to install axis camera on a avermedia eh5216? im interested in getting one thanks in advance.

hi good day everyone,

do you need to buy a license to install axis camera on a avermedia eh5216? im interested in getting one thanks in advance.

Hi jonb.

no you dont need a licence for the axis cameras.

thanks for the reply.thats good. at least less expense. all other hybrids need license to operate axis camera in other system.even axis' own camera station (after 4 cameras)