Sign in to follow this  
ClosedCircuitCom

!!WARNING!! Aventura does not support thier own hardware

i sold an Aventura DVR system to a customer a little over a year ago and i recently started to have hardware problems with the a 8 channel card only showing 4 channels. i have contacted Aventura to resolve the problem and they state that they want $495 just to talk to me!! they dont offer any way to repair the card or troubleshoot thier own product unless you pay them this $495 fee. for a year of tech support. looks like i will never be using aventura DVR again. any manufacturer would at the very least talk to thier customers to resolve the problem. The tech support was never really any good to begin with it would usually take weeks for them to respond and i have been trying to get the iPhone software to work for over a year and have called many many times, i have also had my customer call and aventura gives no response.

what a great company, thank you Aventura.

i sold an Aventura DVR system to a customer a little over a year ago and i recently started to have hardware problems with the a 8 channel card only showing 4 channels. i have contacted Aventura to resolve the problem and they state that they want $495 just to talk to me!! they dont offer any way to repair the card or troubleshoot thier own product unless you pay them this $495 fee. for a year of tech support. looks like i will never be using aventura DVR again. any manufacturer would at the very least talk to thier customers to resolve the problem. The tech support was never really any good to begin with it would usually take weeks for them to respond and i have been trying to get the iPhone software to work for over a year and have called many many times, i have also had my customer call and aventura gives no response.

what a great company, thank you Aventura.

Hi!

Have anyone played with the software just before you lost 4 channels? Because you can change the work mode of the card so that you get 4 channels instead of 8, if so channels you are mising should be 2 4 6 and 8.

If this is a fact you can try to click the button down to the right and choose DVR Board work mode or something like that and set it back to 8 channel.

If you lost like channel 5 to 8 or something like that, I guess the card have some issues.

But for Aventura to charge 495,- for this is up to them, but I think it is not so good! Also I see on their website they have 3 Years warranty effective from 1.Jan 2009, but I think I remember that they had more then 12 months warranty in 2007/2008 too, but I am not sure!

JD

i am missing channels 1-4, thanks for your help

Hi!

One thing to check first is to check System setup, and then Camera setup to see that camera 1-4 is enabled and if they are, check the user rights on the last setup I dont know what Aventura call this setup.

Also I think you can make different view setups so for instance that when start up, you can only view the video 5 - 8. Check these things first, no point giving them 495 since a 8 ch card dosent cost much more then that!

Maybe you should call and ask for Jack C. and tell him how you experience the customer service, not ask for help on your problem. Complain first about the service level and then I guess they will help you for free!

Also if you have problem with your card, you could talk too Hikvision USA, but they have a 12 month warranty, so if your card older they probably charge you for new card, and then maybe you have problem with the license number since different card!

JD

Yeah, I had the same problem. As much as I liked Aventura's products, I couldn't handle their support or their prices. I've since tried a few other companies. One that really sticks out is called Ascendent Technology. Good prices, good products, good support.