wghoffma

EB1304NET Problems

I have an Avermedia EB1304NET with 4 Sony IR cameras. Every so often I get a display on my monitor that says "record stop abnormal" and at the bottom "PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE". It doesn't appear to interfer with the recording. I sent it back to the place I bought it and naturally they can't duplicate the problem.

Also, another problem arose today. I went into the menu to "video adjustments" and vertical lines appeared on the monitor. Looks like vertical blinds. They went away after a while also.....but they'll be back.

I can send more pics if you like

hi. wghoffma.

it sounds like you are having a problem with your power to the dvr.the message you have said only comes up with power loss. try a differant socket or you might need to add a spike plug.

but your dvr is still recording ???

There's no power loss. It will happen while I'm looking at the monitor. I'm using a Kensington power strip with surge supression. I might be able to connect to my UPS and see what happens.

The unit still records while the screen shows the display.

How can I send pictures? Pictures are too big to upload here.

Could be your Hard Drive causing the momentary record stop. I noticed the problem with the EB1304NET I was using at my home did this from time to time. It seemed as though it would suddenly stop, the screen would flash and the same message appeared. Switched out the 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue with a 500GB from Seagate (can't remember the model number) and the problem never occurred again. Since then I have yet to hear back from any customers who have had the same experience using either the WD or Seagate drives.

As for the "vertical blinds", I did notice this on an EB1304NET which I installed in June, but only during reboot. No idea what is causing it and the DVR functions perfectly otherwise. My customer is a personal friend and he claims that it hasn't occurred for a couple of months now, so we are going to leave it alone and see how it works out before I send it off for warranty. It is the first time I have seen this and I'm not sure what is the cause. The only unique thing about it is that I went with a WD Caviar Green 1TB Hard Drive this time.

Thanks for the info. I have the unit on my UPS now and will let it run there for awhile. At least this way I can confirm or eliminate my power strip and receptacle it's plugged into. If I still have problems I'll replace my hard drive and go from there. FYI...the firmware has been updated.

Could be your Hard Drive causing the momentary record stop. I noticed the problem with the EB1304NET I was using at my home did this from time to time. It seemed as though it would suddenly stop, the screen would flash and the same message appeared. Switched out the 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue with a 500GB from Seagate (can't remember the model number) and the problem never occurred again. Since then I have yet to hear back from any customers who have had the same experience using either the WD or Seagate drives.

As for the "vertical blinds", I did notice this on an EB1304NET which I installed in June, but only during reboot. No idea what is causing it and the DVR functions perfectly otherwise. My customer is a personal friend and he claims that it hasn't occurred for a couple of months now, so we are going to leave it alone and see how it works out before I send it off for warranty. It is the first time I have seen this and I'm not sure what is the cause. The only unique thing about it is that I went with a WD Caviar Green 1TB Hard Drive this time.

yes i aggree with WRS_mark. i used to only use western digital (thats what avers recommended) but i had 4 of the sa dvrs go down had to change hd to seagate or hp and that sorted it. now avermedia dont use western hd

Thanks for your help. I'm going to let it run on the UPS. If it doesn't show any problems I'll leave it alone. I'll change the HDD if it acts up again. If I have to change the HDD I'll post the results so others can benefit.