Sign in to follow this  
dmmsta

AVerMedia 1304NET DVR - Web GUI Problems

Hi,

Sorry to jump straight in on my 1st ever post on here...

I'm helping the landlord at my local setup his new DVR (see title).

We have the DVR working in standalone with all 4ch's viewing & recording.

I tried to setup the web interface last night, and we hit problems.

Hooked up the DVR to his BT HomeHub via CAT5.

DVR is set to DHCP, and obtains an IP fine.

Navigate to the internal IP of the DVR in IE7, 1st time got the ActiveX install notice, which was done.

Restarted IE, and now each time we try to get to the DVR via his PC IE crashes...

Haven't even got to the point were we need to setup port forwarding / DDNS, as we can't get to the GUI internally.

PC is running Vista, with IE7 as said above. Have tried FireFox also, but not sure if this is supported as doesn't mention in the manual.

Has anyone had issues like this?

Going to try with my laptop (XP Pro & IE8) next time i'm there, but wanted to check here 1st in case there is a Guru here that has suffered the same.

Cheers in advance.

Nice one, I'll give it a go.

Wasn't sure about the port 80 thing. Did think it was strange to have inbound port 80 open on the router.

Will report back with findings.

Cheers again.

In order to access the Web Viewer with IE on Vista you have to first right click on IE and select "Run as Administrator" before you can access the system. I found this to be the solution starting about 4 months ago. With IE8 on XP, you must open IE8, go to Tools, Internet Options, Security, select "Custom Level", then adjust Active X control settings so that you may download and open the Web Viewer. Hope that helps. PM me with specific details if you continue to have troubles and I will get back to you as soon as I am available.

Also dont forget to add it to the Trusted sites list.

And change from DHCP on the DVR to Static otherwise the IP can change and then port forwarding wont work. Port 80 should be fine unless they are blocking it. I dont know if they even have a portable app for that so IE is the only one to really worry about. Lastly, the Avermedia ActiveX is very unstable, it did crash ALOT during my testing of it with development software, more then any other DVR ive worked with. They do have the app you could use if you continue to have problems with IE7, or try upgrading to IE8, and if all else fails, install XP default with IE6 inside Virtual Box and run it from there.

Hi dmmsta.

they is also a licence problem with the eb/and sa dvrs. and this will stop you setting up remote viewing. you can pm me for the way past this problem.

Hi all, sorry for the delay in response, I've been offshore with work, and only just got back...

Hi dmmsta.

they is also a licence problem with the eb/and sa dvrs. and this will stop you setting up remote viewing. you can pm me for the way past this problem.

Once I get my post count up, and if still having problems, I'll drop you a line. Cheers for the offer!

Also dont forget to add it to the Trusted sites list.

And change from DHCP on the DVR to Static otherwise the IP can change and then port forwarding wont work. Port 80 should be fine unless they are blocking it. I dont know if they even have a portable app for that so IE is the only one to really worry about. Lastly, the Avermedia ActiveX is very unstable, it did crash ALOT during my testing of it with development software, more then any other DVR ive worked with. They do have the app you could use if you continue to have problems with IE7, or try upgrading to IE8, and if all else fails, install XP default with IE6 inside Virtual Box and run it from there.

Will try the the download from their site, and see if thats any better, otherwise I'll add a 2nd boot partition to my laptop & try that route...

In order to access the Web Viewer with IE on Vista you have to first right click on IE and select "Run as Administrator" before you can access the system. I found this to be the solution starting about 4 months ago. With IE8 on XP, you must open IE8, go to Tools, Internet Options, Security, select "Custom Level", then adjust Active X control settings so that you may download and open the Web Viewer. Hope that helps. PM me with specific details if you continue to have troubles and I will get back to you as soon as I am available.

Thanks for the info on Vista, don't use it so not familiar with the little bits like that. Had done the ActiveX bit on IE8 in XP, so might be something else?!

Again - all responses greatly appreciated...I'll keep testing & report back!

Hi dmmsta.

on the eb/sa dvrs the licence has ran out for active x. this is a problem avermedia is looking into. but to get passed this problem. on the pc you are connecting your dvr to change date and time to march 2009 and after you have installed your active x reset your date back.

Hi dmmsta.

on the eb/sa dvrs the licence has ran out for active x. this is a problem avermedia is looking into. but to get passed this problem. on the pc you are connecting your dvr to change date and time to march 2009 and after you have installed your active x reset your date back.

Nice one!