cruelty

Anyone know this DVR?

Hi. cruelty.

your posting from ebay.....PLEASE DONT BUY. but at the end of the day it is your choice.

problems.

the price .....way way to cheap

its from hongkong ..............you will get no back-up

and £50 to ship

if you are in the uk. you can buy a good 4 way dvr for not much more money and get a uk back-up service.

the unfortunate thing is i did buy this model from a uk online security company called "Security Max" about a year ago, they since have closed down. if anyone can shed any light on this for me

so what help do you need ..........has it failed..... or have you leased it from security max ???

or are you looking for another one. in which case look at my first post.....DONT.

i have purchased this out right 1 year ago from this company, only getting round to setting it up and getting an error "HARD DISK FAIL" looking to know if anyone has used it before or anything about it as it is completely unbranded and i dont know where to start

I'm not familiar with that system but I can tell you I've had to replace HUNDREDS of hard drives in my day that were installed in all sorts of systems. Given the error you are receiving, I'd be willing to bet that's all it is. Try installing a new hard drive. Format it and see if that works. Also find out what the manufacturer of the drive is. If its a Western Digital, Maxtor or Seagate, they often have 3-5 year warranties and you might be elligable for a free replacment.

I just looked at that link... I noticed the unit for sale does NOT include a hard drive in it. If this is the first time you've fired up the unit and your getting that error.... is it possible you bought the unit without a drive in it and never installed one?

Hello

Digital Video Recorders have changed the way we watch and record our favorite TV shows.

When using a VCR, you could set a program to record and then watch it at a later time. You could also watch one program while recording another. Digital Video Recorders with one TV tuner built-in allow users to record one show and watch a previously recorded program at the same time. DVRs with two TV tuners (the most common type today) allow you to record one program while watching another, or record two shows at the same time, all while watching a third previously recorded program..

Edited by Guest