blake

How many of you guys use USAG cameras and gear?

I tried to order from them, but they are out-of-stock/back-ordered on the cameras I need for two weeks.

Oh well...perhaps next time?

I hope they all perform as advertised.I'm looking to using them for all my camera purchases if the price and product stay right.That way i narrow my purchases down to two companies.

I like the idea they're about 1 mi. from me. No more waiting/shipping.

Butl...I'm waiting now, so...cancel that.

That's gotta be great.Drive up service.I'm in GA right now,so for me to drive there to pickup would be about 6 1/2 hrs.But hey they offer free shipping .Do you have any footage from the cams in the live atmosphere?

Specifically the AVC2-2-420DN and the AVC2-2-MDNT? These are the two cams that i feel i will need to use the most.

I have never seen a USAG camera in-person. As soon as they arrive in stock, I will get one to test.

Oh okay.Mike@Shoreview has a couple coming in for trials.I won't get mine till i'm sitting overseas.

I'm testing 2 of their cameras right now... can't remember the model but one is a vandal dome with polycard lens and the other is a turret style. Both do not use IRs and are a part of their "midnight series". As soon as I have the time to make a picture account so I can post pics, I'll post some stills.

OEM cameras, they don't manufacture a thing.

neither does ICrealtime, or many others for that matter. So whats your point? Dude why you coming on here trying to talking bad about that company, because you lost a sale to them? That happens everyday, its business. Cheer up, there is always tomorrow.

I have no problem with OEM cameras, but USAG cameras are junk, I've seen them first hand.

And how did a supplier take my business? Its because they employ a sales team. They sold to an end user direct. I'm not bitter about losing the sale, I'm simply informing the forum so other people don't lose out on what could be vital revenue for a striving business.

This was only $35K, I know of $100K plus deals that were lost from Axis. So yes, it does happen everywhere, but simply put, be very careful with whom you share your client information with.

We did a big camera job for a Chevron gas station, we drop shipped some items from Northern Video and guess what, not but a week later, there was a Northern Video catalog sitting on my clients desk and he asked my why I was charging more per camera than he could get from the Catalog.

Another bad practice is when your distro or supplier asks for the clients name/address so you can "LOCK" your pricing in and get a 1.5% discount on your order. Why the heck does it matter who your client is in order to receive a discount? I don't care if I'm bidding on a $5K job or a $500K job, I never give out my client information, its not worth it.

I have no problem with OEM cameras, but USAG cameras are junk, I've seen them first hand.

And how did a supplier take my business? Its because they employ a sales team. They sold to an end user direct. I'm not bitter about losing the sale, I'm simply informing the forum so other people don't lose out on what could be vital revenue for a striving business.

This was only $35K, I know of $100K plus deals that were lost from Axis. So yes, it does happen everywhere, but simply put, be very careful with whom you share your client information with.

We did a big camera job for a Chevron gas station, we drop shipped some items from Northern Video and guess what, not but a week later, there was a Northern Video catalog sitting on my clients desk and he asked my why I was charging more per camera than he could get from the Catalog.

Another bad practice is when your distro or supplier asks for the clients name/address so you can "LOCK" your pricing in and get a 1.5% discount on your order. Why the heck does it matter who your client is in order to receive a discount? I don't care if I'm bidding on a $5K job or a $500K job, I never give out my client information, its not worth it.[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree 100%

Never ever disclose info about your clients or supplier

very simple rule

FWIW, Clients can't purchase from Northern unless they have a resellers license, and here in CA (don't know about other states), it is illegal for a client to use a resellers license to purchase equipment that is intended to be used by the client.

Best,

Christopher

FWIW, Clients can't purchase from Northern unless they have a resellers license, and here in CA (don't know about other states), it is illegal for a client to use a resellers license to purchase equipment that is intended to be used by the client.

Best,

Christopher

Still doesn't make it okay for Northern Video to send out catalogs with wholesale pricing.

Best,

Christopher

You really believe that everybody follow law to the tees

Even if Northern Video will not sell to the end user without a resellers license, they will just refer you to their sister company Security Cameras Direct @ www.scdlink.com

And like AK said, along with my mom and dad, don't believe everything you read or see on TV.

Even if Northern Video will not sell to the end user without a resellers license, they will just refer you to their sister company Security Cameras Direct @ www.scdlink.com

And like AK said, along with my mom and dad, don't believe everything you read or see on TV.

Hmm that interesting relation

How can we prove ?

FWIW, ...

Don't be silly. My post was prefaced with FWIW. FWIW, that's usually an indication that what follows may not be worth a lot.

Best,

Christopher

Hmm that interesting relation

How can we prove ?

I did all kinds of investigative work and then finally talked to Northern Video about it. Some reps ignore you, some respond with "NO", but my 3 reps I've been through have agreed!

The CEO of each company are brothers. Go figure...

FWIW, ...

Don't be silly. My post was prefaced with FWIW. FWIW, that's usually an indication that what follows may not be worth a lot.

Best,

Christopher

Then sorry