blake

How many of you guys use USAG cameras and gear?

Even if Northern Video will not sell to the end user without a resellers license, they will just refer you to their sister company Security Cameras Direct @ www.scdlink.com

The products listed on their website is rather thin. Perhaps they will provide quotes for products in the Northern database?

Best,

Christopher

Securitymonster,

I took the trouble of looking you up and:

1) We have no records of a "35K" deal in Oregon or Washington.

2) We have no records of you ever purchasing or even being quoted on any of our cameras.

So if you are going to badmouth us, at least give us and the other board members the courtesy of bringing up specifics such as the specific alledged transaction.

To everyone else,

As far as being assembled in the USA, I understand that many companies do not tell the truth about their cameras and that has jaded many of you.

You can see exactly which cameras are Designed Assembled and Tested in the USA on our Website usaginc.com.

But please don't take my word for it, here is a quote from Scorpion, who is a longtime poster at CCTV forum.

...USAG brags about building their own cameras? Everyone says that! Come on!

OOPS! My sales rep just had me log in on the CCTV system at USAG, and took me for a tour where I can see the assembly area on camera.

Ok! I finish my crow pie for now!

cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=109047#109047

Securitymonster,

I took the trouble of looking you up and:

1) We have no records of a "35K" deal in Oregon or Washington.

2) We have no records of you ever purchasing or even being quoted on any of our cameras.

So if you are going to badmouth us, at least give us and the other board members the courtesy of bringing up specifics such as the specific alledged transaction.

Of course, because you went direct with the end user and the price quoted was darn near half of my quote. Of course your quote didn't include installation as you supplied equipment only.

The real issue here is that you sell direct, which from an integrator standpoint, is not ok.

And I've called numerous times, I just didn't let my company name out of the bag.

Securitymonster,

Allow me to disagree. The real issue is you are unable to name the customer so we can check our records.

Let me state again. Our records do not show any transaction that could possibly match your description.

Our policy is not to sell to end users. It is just bad business for us.

Here's why:

1) We take a long term approach -- our goal is to sell and support repeat customers i.e. integrators and installers. This makes business sense. Frankly, our margins are not high. We do not make much money off of individual sales. We need repeat business.

So what we do in the instances where we are contacted directly by end users is to give them to one of our dealer partners in the area. This makes the dealer happy and want to do business with us in the future – providing us with the repeat business we need. We believe in mutually beneficial partnerships.

2) The cost to support end users is far higher than integrators and frankly does not fit into our business model.

When you combine the two, high support costs with low margin, you begin to see what a bad idea selling directly to end users is for us.

Obviously, you are unable to name the customer so we can check our records. I consider this issue to be closed.

P.S. Why on earth would you call us numerous times for no reason? Don't you find that unethical? The time our people spent on handling your fake calls and false alarms could have been spent doing something that would help them feed their families.

How would you like it if your time was wasted because you were called by fake end users who pretended to be interested in your services?

I agree that this should end the discussion. I no longer have the proposal that was sent to me by my client. The reason I have not released this information is due to the fact that I'm still working with them to be my exclusive client.

At any rate, if you have sold in the past and no longer do, I will take your word for it and wish the best of luck.

Just know.........not only have I been burned by distro's and manufacturers, many others have as well. If your truly no longer sell to end users, thank you for that.

A while back I'd promised a still from one of their "Midnight" cameras... Well here it is. I am actually presently surprised... It's the only non-IR sensitive camera I've seen that can turn dark into day. Pretty neat that a little bit of color can be seen in the middle of night...

The only complaint I will make so far is that the polycarb dome bezel scratches VERY easily. Not once did I bump it or drop it and I somehow scratched it. You can see the scratch on the Durango's tail light. Nick was supposed to send me a replacement bezel, but never did... I called twice. Tisk tisk.

USAG.jpg.7a98e892b14b19cd94eb7bbe5590444c.jpg

A while back I'd promised a still from one of their "Midnight" cameras... Well here it is. I am actually presently surprised... It's the only non-IR sensitive camera I've seen that can turn dark into day. Pretty neat that a little bit of color can be seen in the middle of night...

The only complaint I will make so far is that the polycarb dome bezel scratches VERY easily. Not once did I bump it or drop it and I somehow scratched it. You can see the scratch on the Durango's tail light. Nick was supposed to send me a replacement bezel, but never did... I called twice. Tisk tisk.

[attachment=0]USAG.jpg[/attachment]

from GE to Extreme CCTV to Many others I havent seen a Vandal Dome Cover that doesnt scratch easy. WizKid's definately scratches the easiest I have seen yet .. strange as it is suppose to be able to take blows from heavy trucks ... but scratches nearly disable the cameras.

Oh yeah, another thing, dont use paper towel or glass cleaner with ammonia, both of those help to scratch them.

As to the image, interesting, there is color but its blury/not sharp, I imagine its probably like Exview with SSDR, hence the missing pixels making it look blury. Have you tried any Exview color cameras yet? If you will try one, check out Exview Box cams to make sure you get the best Exview chip, as the Exview bullets tend to use the cheaper one, there are a number of variations with a wide price range.

As to the image, interesting, there is color but its blury/not sharp, I imagine its probably like Exview with SSDR, hence the missing pixels making it look blury.

Now that you say that... I think the focus may be a tad soft. When I mounted the thing a couple months back I think I was on my 5th Fosters. But NO! I swear I didn't scratch it! lol

BTW- I just noticed USAG is stepping into the MP IP world... http://usaginc.com/viewspec.php?sku=US-AVC4-2-MPT-I2

I'm trying to setup a remote demo now... Can't wait to check it out. The price surprised me.

Thx for info

see if u can find out what protocol they are using for Mega IP cam

Thx

Called tech support this morning. That was one of the first questions I had too... I believe they said it's the same as Axis 3014... Not sure of the model, but definitely an Axis protocol.

BTW- I just noticed USAG is stepping into the MP IP world... http://usaginc.com/viewspec.php?sku=US-AVC4-2-MPT-I2

I'm trying to setup a remote demo now... Can't wait to check it out. The price surprised me.

Thx for info

see if u can find out what protocol they are using for Mega IP cam

Thx

Called tech support this morning. That was one of the first questions I had too... I believe they said it's the same as Axis 3014... Not sure of the model, but definitely an Axis protocol.

Thx

That what I thought

Any live demo they offer ?

As to the image, interesting, there is color but its blury/not sharp, I imagine its probably like Exview with SSDR, hence the missing pixels making it look blury.

Now that you say that... I think the focus may be a tad soft. When I mounted the thing a couple months back I think I was on my 5th Fosters. But NO! I swear I didn't scratch it! lol

Hi,

The Midnight is a very light sensitive camera, so you will notice the picture soften at night (when the iris is fully open) if you focused it during the day because the wider the aperture (opened iris), the narrower the depth of focus. So what may have looked focused during the day with the iris closed, looks soft at night.

The answer is to focus it at night or to create nighttime conditions by putting a piece of #6 welder’s glass in front of the lens while you are focusing it.

This effect is hard to notice in cameras that have poor low light performance because other issues will outweigh the focus issue in low light.

Hope this helps,

David