krogoth

DVR Viewer unable to connect at IP address

HI,

I always started the DVR viewer , with the Ip address and had no problems connecting. Last week I had some items either disabled or placed on manual on the services.msc run command, now I cannot connect. I am not

sure what was turned off to cuase this to happen. Anyone know if this kind of issue? Other Pcs are able to hookup with no problems...HELP!

Thanks

Can you please tell me what's your OS and what's the version of your DVR? Besides, I have to confirm two things: the first is when you say DVR, you mean PC based DVR which is a software not a EM-DVR, right?The second, how do you connect? Connect the DVR via IE? Or use other software to conncet DVR? Or use DVR to connect some IP devices?

If you can remember what operations you have done is more useful.

Last week I had some items either disabled or placed on manual on the services.msc run command, now I cannot connect

You can try to go back to re-enable them

Also .. have you tried to ping to the IP Address?? Might be an hardware issue like loose cables ..

Also .. have u tried to uninstall .. and reinstalling the viewer sooftware??

if he had answered the above question we would have had this issue resolved in no time..

it is always worth providing the complete picture rather than short questions with no detail..

Hi Thanks for the replies. I did unistall and reinstall the software. I even used the site at remotecamdotnet . No luck. I do not know what if the serices.msc was changed and if that is the problem. ALso I pinged and got

1 TimedOut

2 TimedOut

3 TimedOut

4 TimedOut

5 TimedOut

I tried the ping online website and on my PC

The sytsem works in europe, because my family can still connect and see it from there end. I just got an email that they are ok at their end, they can see all 8 cameras. I used to be able to see , but then it fails.

I have windows XP pro.

They corrected the problem in Europe. They told me the modem was fine and that is was something in the outside phone lines. The weird thing is that the people connecting in that country were able to see it. Only us here in the USA could not. Thanks for all the help guys!

please tell me how i can get view my CCTV cam online to another city? i install DVR in my home and i want to see online in my office.

Can you please tell me what's your OS and what's the version of your DVR? Besides, I have to confirm two things: the first is when you say DVR, you mean PC based DVR which is a software not a EM-DVR, right?The second, how do you connect? Connect the DVR via IE? Or use other software to conncet DVR? Or use DVR to connect some IP devices?

According to what you said, your home and office may be not in a LAN. So you have to map your cam port to your router. I don't know what's the model name and supplier of your cam. I am only aware of several kinds of cams. For example, Hikvision camera. To Hikvision H.264 video compression camera, you have to map two ports to your router, one is HTTP port and another is comunication port. To Hikvision MPEG4 video compression camera that supports RTSP function, you have to map 4 ports: HTTP port, RTSP port, data port and comunication port.

bro i have installed PC device it is working on local network i mean i can see my cam on my local networking computer but i want to take view on internet. DVR have its own software.

please tell me how i can get view my CCTV cam online to another city? i install DVR in my home and i want to see online in my office.

bro i have installed PC device it is working on local network i mean i can see my cam on my local networking computer but i want to take view on internet. DVR have its own software.

Yes, I know what's your mean. So I suggested you forwarding the ports of your camera to your router so that you can visit your camera in another city via IE (Internet Explorer).

But if you have a client software coming with the cameras (or your EM-dvr), you may not have to map so many ports. Maybe one is enough.

thanx bro

i'l try and then i'l contact with u. take care

Yes, I know what's your mean. So I suggested you forwarding the ports of your camera to your router so that you can visit your camera in another city via IE (Internet Explorer).

But if you have a client software coming with the cameras (or your EM-dvr), you may not have to map so many ports. Maybe one is enough.