scorpion

AVTech Video Viewer: Latest version titled 0.1.0.3

Hello!

A new version of Video Viewer titled 0.1.0.3 has been released for AVTech DVRs. It has some very interesting features.

When you pressed FULL SCREEN in the older version of Video Viewer you would get a full screen of video on the PC monitor, and nothing else. There were those who would panic as they did not know how to get rid of the full screen as there were no icons to press. You would press ESC on your keyboard to get out of the full screen.

The latest release of Video Viewer has several tool palettes on combined on to one place when you press FULL SCREEN. This will now save you from having to toggle through various screens to accomplish tasks.

Scroll down to the middle of this webpage for some screen shots!

http://scorpiontheater.com/videoviewer.aspx

What do you think?

Thanks for that.

It's a pity my AVC787 doesn't also stream the audio (I see no option for that in Video Server E, but this program does)

BTW, does anyone know if this only works on XP with SP3? It runs fine on my main PC (XP SP3), but not on my netbook (XP SP2), so I guess that's the case, but confirmation will be useful.

What actions/failures are you getting in XP SP2?

I would not think there would be that much of a difference between the two?

Interesting!

Over a time frame I have been loading, and loading, and loading different versions of Video Server E, and then Video Viewer, and I do not find that many problems. Not to say that I do not have left over garbage in my registry, or something, but I have never had a problem.

I think I once got a bad software, but I just removed in ADD/REMOVE software, and loaded another source.

This being a new version of video viewer may be a possible problem.

I guess we will have to wait for someone else who has SP2 to verify the problem.

I am still trying to figure out what the FLIP was designed for, or what situation one would use it. I guess it would come in handy while using a PTZ camera beyond the "horizon" in it's overtilt.

I'm pretty sure I had the same experience with earlier versions of Video Viewer. It's probably down to some Windows DLL not being of the right version to work with Video Viewer.

BTW, the reason I haven't updated to SP3 on my netbook is simply because it's not really necessary for the use I have for it and I prefer a clean install (or slipstreaming a service pack into the original OS) rather than applying a service pack to an existing installation. So far, this is the only program that's failed to work and I can always use Video Server E anyway.

> I am still trying to figure out what the FLIP was designed for, or what situation one would use it.

New Zealand and Australian users? (groan)

Can the avtect DVR send an email only when its allowed according to the timer ? Cos now it send emails on every trigger and not when its allowed bij the montion timeline...

Hello there.

Please somebody cant help me ? im to 5 secons to be crazy.

Im installing VideoViewer 1.1.4 in a Windows 2003 server buisnes edition with SP1. on a fresh installation of windows. the first time that i install video viewer works pretty well no problem , but if i restart the windows , and traying to execute de .exe again , simple doesnt work nothing happens , no error windows , simple doesnt work , please if some one has resolve this help me.

regards

Guys I hope you can help me.

I am taking over a position where the last person changed the admin password and did not provide me any information. I havent been able to reset the admin password from the two other accounts because none of them have admin rigths. In the forum someone suggest reinstaling the software but I have done this two times deleting any trace in the computer and for some extrange reason when I reinstall the program it is keeping the information about the previous accounts.

I know am doing something wrong but I have no idea what!! Could someone help me with this thing...It is driving me crazzzzyyyy!!!

Thanks

Guys I hope you can help me.

I am taking over a position where the last person changed the admin password and did not provide me any information. I havent been able to reset the admin password from the two other accounts because none of them have admin rigths. In the forum someone suggest reinstaling the software but I have done this two times deleting any trace in the computer and for some extrange reason when I reinstall the program it is keeping the information about the previous accounts.

if you want to change saved user name and password, just select the ip address on the address book, and click on "edit" to change it.

if you don't have admin password, you would need to reset your DVR back to default then. usually you can find "reset default" in the DVR menu > system.

cheers,