lifgard

Digia II .avi Export problems

I am new to this site and am not a technician. However, I am tasked to export footage from a GE Digia II DVR.

I exported two .avi files yesterday, however, can't find any programs to view them. I tried Windows Media Player with no luck. I went to GE's website (and spoke with technical services) and they both said download Divx7 and install.

I installed Divx and the associated codecs and both the Divx player and Windows MP (with Divx codecs) failed to play the files.

I have tried numerous coverters and other video programs with little luck. The GOM program would open the file, but the footage was so fast (and pixelated) that it was useless. But, at least if proved that the footage was contained in the files.

Anyone know the trick to get .avi files from the Digia II to work???

Thanks.

Hi lifgard

did you take the footage off from the usb ??? the best way would be to hook your digia up to your local network it gives you the option on formats to save to

Thanks. I did use a USB flashdrive. Unfortunatly, the DVR is at an off-site and we are not so advanced as to be able to connect it to the network.

ffdshow can decode most avi files.

otherwise try videoLAN as it tends to handle broken or odd video a bit better than most windows codecs do.