G22

Sanyo vs Kalatel DVR

Any pro/cons on the 3 below? I know the Kalatel's are decent, but was wondering more so about the Sanyo's quality, as I have not heard much discussed of them.

LAN functionality on the Sanyo 3009H is achieved by adding 16-bit PCMCIA Card, or SCSI card for external recording. The Kalatel has built-in LAN, ext. SCSI connector, and more rear ext. connections which is nice. The Sanyo's have a CF slot which is a bonus. All are 60fps and Triplex capable.

Sanyo DSR-3009H (9-channel)

Sanyo DSR-3709 (9-channel)

Kalatel DVMRe Triplex (4-channel)

The Kalatel DVMRe-CT has a Firewire port also ... plus a CDR or DVDR with the PRO version.

Dont know anything about the Sanyo DVRs.

Yes, from what I have seen so far, the Bosch seems decent as well. I always liked their stuff... spark plugs and alternators anyway

Are there any Bosch demos online anywhere? I would like to see the Divar manual(s) as well. I can't seem to find them anywhere yet.

...k just found this, will have to do some research.

http://www.boschsecurity.us/itempage.cfm?Cntry_Id=47&Lang_Id=1&Family_Id=100&PageNb=5

The Sanyo DVR's come with the LAN Card. It also has a built-in compact flash port for quick retrieval of video. Compact flash cards now go up to over 3gb, much more then a CD.

I don't know who gave you that quote but they are wrong. Sanyo does not sell any of their 9 or 16-channel units without hard drives. The $2,900 figure is also ridiculous. You can get a 9-channel, 500gb for under $2,500. A 9-channel 80gb runs about $1,000.

Thats probably a retail price. Plus whats Candadian to US$? Just curious ..

Rory

The Sanyo DVR's come with the LAN Card. It also has a built-in compact flash port for quick retrieval of video. Compact flash cards now go up to over 3gb, much more then a CD.

I don't know who gave you that quote but they are wrong. Sanyo does not sell any of their 9 or 16-channel units without hard drives. The $2,900 figure is also ridiculous. You can get a 9-channel, 500gb for under $2,500. A 9-channel 80gb runs about $1,000.

Here the quotes I received from a CDN dealer...

DSR-3009 -H160 $3640.00 No costing on 80GB

DSR-3709-No HD $ 2900.00 160 Hard drive is approx $160.00

Strange since the 3709 is a newer model. Theses are Canadian prices as well. So at the current xchange rate, $3640 CDN would be around $2992 USD, and $2900 CDN would be around $2484 USD.