We have these cameras on hand... seen them perform well with some software packages and very bad with others... Hikvision has its own IP software, but it is not ready for anything yet...

If you mean that Hikvision software is not ready for anything(3rd party) yet, I think they will not be later either!

Hikvision sells H.264 chips with SDK mainly, they are not really a software company but the largest player in H264 in the world.

I think that if Hikvision software in the future will support 3rd party ipdevices it will be Hikvision OEM like ****, **** and ****.

Axis, Mobotix etc I think will not be supported!

Hikvision is in a very special posistion, they are the largest buyer of H264 chips in the world! They have over 50% market share in mainland China on DVR/IP based cameras. They have been selling H264 since 2005 and we are talking of millions of devices already in the market before other companies more or less started with H264. Strategy for Hikvision is not to make other brands available in their own software, but make Hikvison IPC a must to have in every decent software!

The only problem I see for Hikvision in the west on long term is that they have a chinese business model, sell to everyone, even the grandmother to their largest customer if they can get her telephone number!

Asian/Chinese business is very different compared to western and to understand this is the biggest challange.

JD

JD, they want to sell product like everyone else. Yes, they are the main player in China and sold more cameras that anyone else in the industry. That puts them in a very unique position - controlling the H.264 based camera sales... How did they achieve this type of status?

I do not care if it is a Chinese model, American Model or a model from Russia... what makes the difference is the availability of the product, the price points, the support and the most importantly, that they work...

I personally think that if Hikvision plays their cards right, they can becomes a dominant force player in our market. I do not blame them trying every angle possible to sell a product.. heck, everyone else do anyway. What I see happen is that they single handedly could change IP market, if they want by starting a price war and have their products operate with other IP software and systems.

They have both regular IP and MP IP cameras... nice mixture that covers many bases... Their SDK may come handy if they had a decent software, but I am confident that they will have something decent soon.. They have the financial muscle to explore every possible avenue available in U.S... I am not sure how well they do elsewhere, but I think they will do very good in our market.

We will se a price drop on IP/MP products soon!

JD

Another big ? is

what will happen when ONVIF become very popular

Don't u think that HIK will have no choice but to join and support it ?

Another big ? is

They are already a partner! And they are working on this and will have releases of ONVIF supported cameras 2010.

JD

Another big ? is

They are already a partner! And they are working on this and will have releases of ONVIF supported cameras 2010.

JD

Ok, but that means that any soft supporting standard will work

with HIK cam

Right ?

Another big ? is

Probably... but then if it becomes popular.. will wait and see..

Another big ? is

JD

Ok, but that means that any soft supporting standard will work

with HIK cam

Right ?

Not necessarily.. someone has to write the driver (or interface) to take full advantage of their as well as other brand cameras.

Which Hikvision camera are you using??

You're web pages are they built on some template? I have seen some webistes that looks preyy much the same setup/different graphics that I think are hoax web pages and also some of them there is warnings on the web to not pay in advance for any goods.

I dont think you have anything to do with it, just to understand if there are someone using the same template.

JD

JD, can you please show me a link on what you are referring here?

Magento was an open source platform and recently decided to commercialize their services... we are and will continue using this platform... works great..

I know that they are quite of few companies created many templates for this platform, some actually different than others...

Which Hikvision camera are you using??

You're web pages are they built on some template? I have seen some webistes that looks preyy much the same setup/different graphics that I think are hoax web pages and also some of them there is warnings on the web to not pay in advance for any goods.

I dont think you have anything to do with it, just to understand if there are someone using the same template.

JD

JD, can you please show me a link on what you are referring here?

Magento was an open source platform and recently decided to commercialize their services... we are and will continue using this platform... works great..

I know that they are quite of few companies created many templates for this platform, some actually different than others...

Hi! Yes will google a bit and see if I can find it again! I dont think you have anything with it to do, but the sites seemed like hoax!

I will post it here:

JD

Another big ? is

Not necessarily.. someone has to write the driver (or interface) to take full advantage of their as well as other brand cameras.

Hmm

To me if camera support standard then it simply works

with software which support the same standard

Explain your point plz

Another big ? is

Hmm

Explain your point plz

What he say is that in ONVIF there will be some basic features that will be the same on the ONVIF cameras, like maybe video stream standards, ID functions unit communications. And probably many more features, but all brands will still keep their own touch and different features on a lower level in the SDK so that ONVIF will support many things, but the features that will make the brands different will need a different layer of drivers and SDK.

JD

Another big ? is

Hmm

Explain your point plz

What he say is that in ONVIF there will be some basic features that will be the same on the ONVIF cameras, like maybe video stream standards, ID functions unit communications. And probably many more features, but all brands will still keep their own touch and different features on a lower level in the SDK so that ONVIF will support many things, but the features that will make the brands different will need a different layer of drivers and SDK.

JD

Hmm that sucks

I believe before that we will have "NTSC" for IP world

I guess wait and see

they have a new api coming out for their ip cams. i am using a beta right now which will probably be released before the end of the year. it is more standard so it should fit into regular nvr software easily.

HIK Vision 2 MP

this is not my pix

posting as general info

was re-sized by photobucket to 1024 x 768

7-1.jpg

Is this the shape of the camera are not you? " title="Applause" />

I do not see a camera with image quality so.

My stall is also selling a lot of camera and DVR, but is cheap, you can refer to [mod edit: store link removed]