thewireguys

Cities see burglaries fall

That's only because the "hot burglary" rate (where they burglarize your home WHILE you're home... we'd call them "home invasions" here) is a lot lower in the US... because we shoot/kill people here.

Burglars may be lazy, opportunistic scum who prey on others... but suicide isn't generally one of their goals.

not here.

actually, they robbed the main house by me here this morning, between 9-11am, and a vehicle was even in the driveway and somebody was home. They are much more bold now. They could care less about alarms and cameras now.

Ofcourse things are different here. Here the burglars dont care if they live or die. Guns are illegal here for self defense unlike in the US, but many have shotguns (for pigeon hunting), and those that dont, will jump at the chance to chap the burglars with machetes or pelt them with rocks and bottles. And if one goes to prison here, they might as well be dead anyway, its that bad.

In the US the break ins are down.

Most are done by the teenagers after school before people get home from work.

Now that the economy is bad there are so many people out of work, and are at home that the break ends have been reduced.

I would agree with the article.

it's not over til it's over....................

unemployment is running for many.............more to come. We have yet to reach a critical point in the whole economic thing. the knucklheads are just warming up..............you'll see more mass murder type things happen, sucides will rise, and robberies in general will rise.

and, I'm not sure who said home robberies will increase? I'd like to see the actual nubers of ALL crimes...........

it's not over til it's over....................

unemployment is running for many.............more to come. We have yet to reach a critical point in the whole economic thing. the knucklheads are just warming up..............you'll see more mass murder type things happen, sucides will rise, and robberies in general will rise.

and, I'm not sure who said home robberies will increase? I'd like to see the actual nubers of ALL crimes...........

I agree 100% with this.

Our current crew in government is making things worse, and there is no actual "recovery" to speak of. There's significantly more pain ahead for the US economy, and people faced with losing everything tend to behave badly. After all... what do they have to lose?