d-tech

Advice for Vivotek ST7501

i am looking for some advice regarding the free vivotek management software ST7501. The reccomended specs are to NOT to run the recording server & client app on one machine if you are running 32cams.

Now i have a setup for 38 cams and i am thinking of running one machine with 32 cams recording and with it the viewing client connecting to other 6. So this should be minumal stress on the system. The other machine will record 6 cams and connect to the other to display 32.

Does this make sense or should i loose money and run seperate viewing stations?

Machines are Dell optiplex 960 quad cores, 4GB ram

i am looking for some advice regarding the free vivotek management software ST7501. The reccomended specs are to NOT to run the recording server & client app on one machine if you are running 32cams.

Now i have a setup for 38 cams and i am thinking of running one machine with 32 cams recording and with it the viewing client connecting to other 6. So this should be minumal stress on the system. The other machine will record 6 cams and connect to the other to display 32.

Does this make sense or should i loose money and run seperate viewing stations?

Machines are Dell optiplex 960 quad cores, 4GB ram

If I read it correctly, your trying to do what mentioned by Vivotek to NOT DO. If I were you I would give it a shot but to save headaches and time just have separate viewing stations.

thing is, i have done this with machines up to 20cams. and it was fairly good, now the machines i will be using are much better spec so i was hoping to find out if someone had done this...

thanks

Technically you can do this - Core i7 processors are very powerful, so no problem with hardware I think. But I would not recommend as it can make software crash or not run smoothly.