ultimatesecurity

Horrible Nightmare Installation Job!

I had a client call me asking me to come in asap becuase he wanted a better surveillance system than what the previous company had installed and wanted his cameras on his iPhone with the iRa software.

I was shocked to see what the other company (no longer in business) had done! The used consumer grade security equipment, shady wiring job (didn't even crimp the bnc connectors or covered power leads) and used MASKING TAPE to mount cameras. See pics

Most of his cameras were crappy and blurry and you couldn't make out anything with his recordings. I was at least able to meet his budget and replaced most of his cameras and his DVR.

can't get the pics to uploaded. They are JPG and less then 150KB

use http://imageshack.us/

Why not just use an NVR software that works with the Iphone and save the $900?

Well I am a Partner with Lextech labs and they don't charge the $899 price anymore. They charge $30/month per user for up to 6 cameras. They have different dealer programs. I have only used GeoVision NVR software, which company supports iPhone? Also did I mention the guy budget was $2500 and he wanted 6 additional high res cameras with a new 16 ch dvr? He didn't want to spend money on IP cams.

Well I am a Partner with Lextech labs and they don't charge the $899 price anymore. They charge $30/month per user for up to 6 cameras. They have different dealer programs. I have only used GeoVision NVR software, which company supports iPhone? Also did I mention the guy budget was $2500 and he wanted 6 additional high res cameras with a new 16 ch dvr? He didn't want to spend money on IP cams.

I thought Lextech only worked with IP cameras and select NVR software.

They do, I was going to use a 4 channel network video server to stream his video for his iphone.

They do, I was going to use a 4 channel network video server to stream his video for his iphone.

I can recommend Exacq for the DVR/NVR solution it supports Iphone and Blackberry at no extra charge.

he didn't. He was so busy trying to get his store ready for grand opening he was not watching the install guys. By the time he wanted to discuss the horrible work the company never ever answered their phone. Basically a fly by night company. I overhauled his entire system and the difference is day and night.