frankfromtoronto

Wireless design w live monitoring

I have a customer who has a transport company. He wants his backlots monitored .

So i want to add 4 cameras to a light pole he has positioned in the center of the yard. 1 camera facing each direction. the main building is about 2000 ft away.

1)do i go ip cameras to a switch then use a wireless transmitter to send the data to main building ?

2)use analog cameras with video server and wireless back to building?

3)use analog cameras w pole mounted dvr in an enclosure and wireless back to building?

main building has internet connection.

4) should i deploy an outdoor wifi network or use point to point equipment

He also wants my company to provide "live video monitoring"

has anyone done anything like this?

Any recomendations on a good CMS program.

Thanks

Frank

I would use 4x IP cameras, a small POE switch and a wireless bridge and panel antenna pointing back to base.

other factors -budget, lighting, DVR software, power?

z

Money doesnt seem to be a factor to this guy he has done everything i have recomended

The lot has light posts all over the place i can grab power off of the lights

as for dvr's i was going to use AVERMEDIA product and use their CMS as it will allow me to set up remote monitoring..

Im open to any and all suggestions

Now if i use a POE switch and we have a line drop we wont get the recording ...right? that worrys me....

- Aver 6480e, Dell Vostro Quad, Acti ACM-7411's, Umbiquiti or Engenious wireless (you can create a public WiFi area at the same time?), 4 channel PoE switch, and a battery backup installed at the pole for the IP cams?

- If you use IP cams you'll need to also use a IP decoder to view the camera's "live" via a monitor OR use a PC/laptop to log onto the dvr and display the live view onto a monitor. cheapest is a PC/laptop.

- CM3000 is used with multiple DVR's so if you use a 6480e you won't have to use the CM3000 software.........other coices are Internet Explorer, DVR client, and the matrix.

- you can also go with analog cams on the pole by adding a 1304netsata, or (1) PTZ with a 1304netsata..........I like the 10X mini's...work great! 1304 can be forwarded to the 6480e for a double recording of all......

- 6480e allows for expansion, great audio, and lots of bells and whistles

- live monitoring will be a issue with both IP & analog since you WON'T have a cable running out to the pole...all will have to be IP based back to main recorder

You biggest issue will be how to house the equipment on the pole. custom work is need........taping power is also a issue.

Housing the equipment will be done via a utility box enclosure

(See Photo)

At the top of his poles are outdoor plugs 120v

I want the system to be expandable as this customer has another yard across the city if i get this one done right I can possibly get both...

Thats why I was thinking of the cm3000 to monitor multiple locations

I think the wifi network is the way to go great idea...

Will bandwidth be a problem? streaming back to my office via internet?

i would guess that i can set it up to wake up on an alarm...so its not constantly streaming video...

- 6480e can connect to multiple IP sources so using that will allow you to have one source for viewing, admin, ect. CM3000 is a good thing also, just trying to keep it simple

- viewing via the internet? If it is via Local Area Network (LAN) then yu can leave it stream since it won't impact poorly on overall LAN. If it is via the Wide Area Network (WAN) then it becomes an issue of bandwidth. Why do you want to stream 24/7? The 6480e can send emails with snapshots of motion if you want?

- live monitoring in general is a great idea as long as you can pay to have that service. Otherwise I'd recommned that you tell them "it's recording and you don't need live monitoring" and an occasional lookie evry now and then works great.

line drops??? battery back up will carry the equipment and if this is all lne of site short distance you won't have a line drop issue. chances of the line droping are pretty nill.it will happen, but, the "instance" will be small. If you use the analog with the 1304 you'll have a recording on the pole and on the 6480e so tha linedrop is not an issue.

You can also use the I/O part(s) of the 1304 or 6480e to setup alarm triggers. I've used the following wirless relays to provide 100% trigger events and/or motion detection into the 6480e so that when triggered under specific rules it can perform email with attachement, ect.

http://www.controlanything.com/ they even have wireless network type relays available now which allow you to plant them anywhere in the wireless area you'll have. I've actually mated this up with a PTZ which allowed the relay to move the PTZ to a preset based on triggers...ie. motion on camera #1, preset #3. ie. gate contact opens, preset #6. during specific hours you an also have emails sent, snapshots of cameras, ect.