Can anybody tell me how to work the damn thing.

I have it connected to an Avermedia eh5116pro, but they are not communicating. DVR just says loss of picture.

p.s this is a new install so am bench testing at home at the moment

Can I connect the camera to Acti web configurator some how? Apparently the factory IP address is 192.168.0.100 for the camera, but neither firefox or iexplorer will open it. Should I plug it into the router or the back of pc?

Help please, i have been going insane on this. All analog cameras are working fine by the way.

TIA

Swampy

Make sure the power is hooked up....

put your laptop/PC on the same subnet -an IP like 192.168.0.111 -turn your firewall off. gateway 255.255.255.0 leave the gateway blank.

then try to 'ping' the camera "ping 192.168.0.100" from the command prompt both lights on the camera should be flashing same as the laptops/PC.

when thats working try the web browser http://192.168.0.100

Admin 123456 to access

z

Cheers Z,

Can I plug the camera straight into my ethernet port? I tried this on laptop but ping failed. I did change the IP to 192.168.0.111 also

Or should I plug it into my router and change pc IP address?

Regards

swampie

Cheers Z,

Can I plug the camera straight into my ethernet port? I tried this on laptop but ping failed. I did change the IP to 192.168.0.111 also

Or should I plug it into my router and change pc IP address?

Regards

swampie

Hi. plug your camera into your router. then look at what your router gave its ip then set the set the portforwarding to 5550. then go into your aver and ip set up enter ip and port number and away you go.

acti has a IP camera tool..........online download.

if connect direct to the 7411 you need a crossover cable....

via the router..................7411 may not get a dhcp ip address if the ip is 1.x and router is 0.x..........you can TURN off dhcp and use the router as a switch only and then do the subnet & ip as instructed above.

ip tool will tell all.........

just plug a 'strait-thru' cable from your PC/laptop to the camera.

the camera has a fixed IP its not in DHCP mode.

straight cable won't work to the camera.

most acti cams I've installed will have dhcp "enabled" and the cam will get the proper IP address rom the router.................

nany nany boo boo

hey swamp................long time.....

if you want help via teamviewer let me know and I'll remote in and "get'er' done for ya. I can also file transfer the acti ip software for ya.

Kerry

Sorry I disagree...

you only need a crossover when joining 2 like devices like switch to switch

or PC-PC ? remember the DTE DCE system -even WAP's are straight tru.

The Acti instructions have a static IP in the setup 192.168.0.100

tho you can change it with the MAC/or the config tool.

Using 2 IPs is the simplest way to configure them DHCP just makes it more

complicated for the novice.

Leave the router and DVR out of it till the basic tests are done.

z

If you have a 10/100/1000 port on your computer a "strait-thru" cable will work for a direct connection. Put your computer on the same sub net and run the ACTI camera configure software and you should be good to go.

most people have laptops with Auto-MDIX (automatic medium-dependent interface crossover) so any cable will work.

z

Thanks very much for the advice,

There has been an update to my situation. I managed to configure the Avermedia eh5116 pro DVR, NEtgear 10/100 FS726TPswitcher and the Acti 7411 IP camera to all work perfectly (ping a wonderfull tool thanks z). I changed all IP addresses to .250.xxx to do this.

Left it running and a couple of hours later, the IP camera has lost video on the DVR & will not ping using command prompt! Nothing was touched. This is the second time this has happened. I have 2 identical Acti 7411 camera's, both have done the same thing.

One Acti I have reset to factory and other is on the newly assigned IP but neither will ping now! Very strange.

Hi Kerry, long time indeed. Remember that long night trying to get this thing working. Thanks again for the help. Only yesterday did I figure it out and it was the IP's all needed to be in sync.

Cheers guys

Swamp

hey swamp................long time.....

if you want help via teamviewer let me know and I'll remote in and "get'er' done for ya. I can also file transfer the acti ip software for ya.

Kerry

That IP software might come in handy kerry

There has been an update to my situation. I managed to configure the Avermedia eh5116 pro DVR, NEtgear 10/100 FS726TPswitcher and the Acti 7411 IP camera to all work perfectly (ping a wonderfull tool thanks z). I changed all IP addresses to .250.xxx to do this.

Left it running and a couple of hours later, the IP camera has lost video on the DVR & will not ping using command prompt! Nothing was touched. This is the second time this has happened. I have 2 identical Acti 7411 camera's, both have done the same thing.

One Acti I have reset to factory and other is on the newly assigned IP but neither will ping now! Very strange.

Hi Kerry, long time indeed. Remember that long night trying to get this thing working. Thanks again for the help. Only yesterday did I figure it out and it was the IP's all needed to be in sync.

Cheers guys

Swamp

Did you do a "save reboot" after you setup the cameras and what firmware is on the 7411's

Cheers guys

Swamp

I have bumped into this before, one mistake you can make is to enter the new IP in the cam menu, without changing the checkbox to "static IP". If you do that, and then save it, it will use the new IP for a while, until it grabs a DHCP IP from your router.

Also, I've noticed that when you "save and reboot", if it does not ask you to close the window automatically, the settings may not have stuck.

Also, try changing the IP and DNS settings separately, or at least double check after you set one of them, that the other did not change back, before you reboot it.

Keep the faith... I've had very good luck with Acti, overall.... Do try the new firmware, but download the older version off the site while you are there.. I've had a problem with Exacq with the newest version, not sure about compatibility with other NVR's.

Cheers guys

Swamp

I have bumped into this before, one mistake you can make is to enter the new IP in the cam menu, without changing the checkbox to "static IP". If you do that, and then save it, it will use the new IP for a while, until it grabs a DHCP IP from your router.

Also, I've noticed that when you "save and reboot", if it does not ask you to close the window automatically, the settings may not have stuck.

Also, try changing the IP and DNS settings separately, or at least double check after you set one of them, that the other did not change back, before you reboot it.

Keep the faith... I've had very good luck with Acti, overall.... Do try the new firmware, but download the older version off the site while you are there.. I've had a problem with Exacq with the newest version, not sure about compatibility with other NVR's.

Hardwired, you have sussed the problem thanks. "Static IP" needed selecting and it works.

Funnily enough though, my avermedia would not allow both camera's to be viewed in the same way. One works by selecting "URL" to connect to camera and int the "http://" box I enter 192.xxx.xxx.xxx along with password & user.

The second one wouldn't do this, despite the fact that I had set it up in Acti web configurator exactly the same way(i think). So to connect the second instead of selecting URL on the avermedia, I selected the "protocol" checkbox and then entered "IP camera site" as 129.xxx.xxx.xxx and it works fine.

Any how, a Great Big Thank You to all of you guys for the help. My system is now up and running at last. I have more knowledge from the experience and am happy.

Now the research starts for the camera's their self.

Many many thanks to all

Swamp.

Wanted to acknowledge an issue with the Avermedia EH series Hybrid and 11.11 firmware. I could not get the 7411 to be found by the NVR with 11.11 but if I downgraded to the .10 version of software it worked just fine.

I haven't figured out how to get the motion detection working with the ACM-7411 camera. I played with it for a little while today but had no luck.

Has anyone found the bright red LED's a problem? They seem aweful bright and I am assuming that the clear dome may give away the camera during the night. I haven't really tested it in an outdoor environment yet but did notice how bright they are.

Wanted to acknowledge an issue with the Avermedia EH series Hybrid and 11.11 firmware. I could not get the 7411 to be found by the NVR with 11.11 but if I downgraded to the .10 version of software it worked just fine.

I haven't figured out how to get the motion detection working with the ACM-7411 camera. I played with it for a little while today but had no luck.

Has anyone found the bright red LED's a problem? They seem aweful bright and I am assuming that the clear dome may give away the camera during the night. I haven't really tested it in an outdoor environment yet but did notice how bright they are.

Hello! May I know more about the problems you mentioned? I have a ACM-7411 here and I upgraded from 3.10.22 to 3.11.11 and in both cases the camera could found by both IP-Utility and the NVR ActiveSetup.

Could the reason of not finding the camera is that you tried to access the camera by NVR immediately after firmware upgrade? Sometimes it may take up to 30 seconds to restart completely after upgrade and during that time the NVR will not be able to retrieve camera information from that device.

Can you please tell us about the LED problem you mentioned? I would like to learn about this matter and see where the problem is an if any enhancement is needed. Thanks a lot!!

Hello! May I know more about the problems you mentioned? I have a ACM-7411 here and I upgraded from 3.10.22 to 3.11.11 and in both cases the camera could found by both IP-Utility and the NVR ActiveSetup.

Could the reason of not finding the camera is that you tried to access the camera by NVR immediately after firmware upgrade? Sometimes it may take up to 30 seconds to restart completely after upgrade and during that time the NVR will not be able to retrieve camera information from that device.

Can you please tell us about the LED problem you mentioned? I would like to learn about this matter and see where the problem is an if any enhancement is needed. Thanks a lot!!

Yes the Avermedia EH 5216+ will fail to find the ACM-7411 camera if it has FW 3.11.11 on it. I have 15 of the 7411 cameras and the first three I tried failed when trying to locate the camera from the EH 5216. I switched all cameras to 3.10.22 and they were found immediately. It is not the 30 seconds where the problem is. Like I stated I have 15 and all work fine with 3.10 but the first three I tried with 3.11 do not work.

No problem with LED's. I was just wondering if they can be switched off or if others find them to be very bright at night. I find the LED's very bright and depending on how the cover is mounted the LED's will cause the camera to glow at night when looking up at it on the side of a building.