dsniper

poor image quality

We recently Purchased a 4 camera security system for 1500 installed for our towing company with a huge impound yard. We were told that we would have good qaulity, motion activated, and IR. well we got the motion activated and IR. We do not have quality at all. cant make out who is who or reading. its all blur realy. they have been focused in. the DVR is a channel vision 4c. the cameras i do not know what they are. they are shaped like a dome but doesnt have the glass/plastic around the lense. Now here is my big question. Is there a way to buy a camera at a reasonable price (100ish) that will give us a good quility or would we have to upgrade the dvr and all. I need motion, and IR in these. anyone know were i could get it from. Also we should of had atleast 6 cameras. now im just gonna ask this for the hell of it. is there a hub or anything that we can get to help get more cameras. If not anyone have and advise what to do. I have a few blind spots because i had a choice to point the camera one way or the other. were on a tight budget as we got ripped off with this system. We have only had it for about 3 weeks now. I have been reading other posts but havent gotten my question answered if i can upgrade the cameras for better picture or gotta upgrade both. Thanks for reading this and forgive my spelling.

Hi and welcome to the forum...

If I understand correctly you paid someone to install this system?? If so, have you contacted them to explain the poor quality and resolve the issue? Any reputable installation company should have the knowledge to recommend the proper equipment for the job.

It sounds like the cameras are just not enough quality. Also, I can find your DVR via Google but the sites do not provide enough technical specs. Also a lot of money for what your getting. Even ChannelVision's site does not offer a lot of info. I think the choice of equipment from cams to DVR are not at all suitable for your application.

its kinda hard to explain. the bosses new son in law owns his own little side tv and home theater setup system. he mentioned one day how he would like to get a camera system because we have had theft in the impound yard. well he said he does security cameras. come to find out after this all said and done we found out he doesnt know anything about them. And its a part were he doesnt want to say anything about it. he just wants to correct the problem. So that leaves it to me to see what i can find out there and get something to fix it as cheap as i can to resolve it. When you walk infront of the camera you cant even make yourself out.

Does this mean the dvr should be replaced also for a better qaulity or just the cameras.

I think the dvr you got is 4ch only stand alone unit, meaning, buy an another 4ch dvr to add more cameras (upto 4 more cams...) I recommend a PC based dvr with Avermedia NV5000 or similar card from Geovision.

thanks guys for the information. Anyone have a suggestion for a good camera for a decent price? Also i thought of this. Do they have something were i can mount a camera to a moving mount? one that automaticaly rotates back and forth or is that a whole camera. Thanks for all the help guys