DataAve

Help in choosing DVR

I need help in choosing an 8 channel DVR (standalone) for under $1000. Is it possible to get one with decent network software or web based log in? I already bought a piece of junk (I think it is Dentel). Software is cheesy. It is for my home and would like network functions (tcp/ip). The more bells/whistles the better. I am a CCTV/Card Access Tech, but never installed anything but Panasonics and Sanyos (major $$$). Okay to email or IM me with info. Your opinions would greatly be appreciated.

Some of you guys have nice DVR's on your websites. Anything that would interest me?

Does it have a web view (HTML) or do I have to install software? Is there a demo log in? What do they sell for? Do you like the unit?

Hey, I had a demo for the 16 channel but i sold it, we are going to be ordering some more so it will be back on soon.

For a home user, its all you need. Its the rock bottom price of any stand alone. Dont expect too much from it, but motion detection (limited), removeable HDD, HTTP server Browser based/Full Client Software (single view camera only is good, multi is not great as it is just a single feed), remote configuration (basically you connect to the DVR and have full control of it - user sees what you see remotely).

Its basic. It does have audio, alarms, loops, 2 monitor outs.

Price depends on if you are a dealer or not.

Rory

By the way rory, getting nice feed from your demo.

Yeah I need more cameras though, next week.

Mpeg4 is so much faster than Wavelet, You can actually reconnect using the LOGIN button, rconnect in WaveLet, and then Click the FULL SITE button at the bottom, you can see 2 connections in LIVE, click on the quad and watch the speed difference between MPEG4 and WAVELET, big difference ... Problem is Microsoft's CORINA MPEG4-S is not supported on all OS's, only XP SP1 and SP2, errors on old XP and WinME/98 errors also.

Rory

Yeah, which one? Iview is fast though. Mpeg4-S.

If you are using the demo from my home page, thats the default page, but it has full client software, plus that web page can be edited, ill make an edited version to show that it can be totally redone.

Contact Herm for pricing on Iview in the US.

Rory

Trying to set up a decent system here, so I can sell install to client while I am selling the job at the customers location (with my Laptop). I just don't want to take out a second mortgage to buy the darn thang. I have a DVR installed, but it was ebay junk.

rory

Backyard and looks like a door (Iview). The Eclipse 16 password (demo, demo) is incorrect and will not allow login. Bahamas...you lucky dawg.

Edited by Guest

Well there are PC based, or the budget DVRs, and even the Hunt in the kind of no Mortgage range ..

you can see the pricing on my site, in bahamas $$, US price is much less.

Rory

rory

Backyard and looks like a door (Iview). The Eclipse 16 password (demo, demo) is incorrect and will not allow login. Bahamas...you lucky dawg.

edit: use root, root, works now ..

iview, thats my appt ..

Thats only 4 channels. Are you looking for 4, 8 or 16?

There are units under $1000, depends what you want.

Rory

root, root, should get you right in .. close the page and reload again.

ill edit the web page to just load the user pass direct ..

rory

getting network timeout. I got a price of a Sanyo at 1400 (unheard of price) I am familiar with the sanyo's. I have a couple of sites with them installed.

I get in, picture quality OK, but not that great. That's G**** house right?

yeah, his house ..

root root, all small letters

reload IE if still issues ..ActiveX you know ...

4 channel Kalatel Storesafe ..less that the sanyo ..but if you are familiar with something ..