I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this site. It has a wealth of information and very well informed members. I am new to the CCTV industry however have been working with pagers/cellphones/satellite tv/computers for over 10 years now. I am moving into the field of Video Surveillance. I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, because I have many questions and this boards members seem very much willing and able to answer questions properly. I look forward to learning from you all. I also am looking for a supplier of all things CCTV\Wire\DVR cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA for any Info.

That's ok Hermin. My old nickname in the industry was CCTV King, looks like someone else inherited it after me. I think Larry Haimson in your area at Royal Sales styled himself that way after I retired. I still have a license plate on my Corvette that is CCTVKNG. Security Solutions is out here also. I guess it can be incorporated in different states.

Where are you located.

My bet is Missouri. Anyone giving odds?

Looks like you lose fella, and is that supposed to be some kind of insult?

I'm In Cleveland, Ohio

So 2 people on this forum have the same business name. Well might be time to research a new DBA. Sorry herminshs business is war.

Where are you located.

Looks like you lose fella, and is that supposed to be some kind of insult?

Insult? no. I just guessed Missouri because I saw a mo in your email address. The bet/odds remark was a joke because a bunch of us are on our way to ISC in Vegas.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant no harm.

That's ok Hermin. My old nickname in the industry was CCTV King, looks like someone else inherited it after me. I think Larry Haimson in your area at Royal Sales styled himself that way after I retired. I still have a license plate on my Corvette that is CCTVKNG. Security Solutions is out here also. I guess it can be incorporated in different states.

What year is your vett?

2002 Electron Blue convertible. Also to the Ohio guy, I grew up in MO so I don't consider someone saying I'm from MO is an insult. Take what is said here in a spirit of good comradeship. You will find a very likeable bunch of people on this board unlike what you might find on Yahoo sites.

Plus no one has a lock on a common name like Security Solutions. I'm sure every state has a few of them listed.

Too right mate, no worries there. Gday to you. I'm learning Australian from the ham radio operators I talk to down there. Oh, and put another shrimp on the barbie you old ocker. Make sure there are plenty of shielas around next time I drop in.

awww god!!!! well the only and i do say ONLY word that is actually used here in Australia, that you actually listed there was...Mate!!

the rest is pure Garb, its so funny what the world percieves us as, i once ahad a friend beleive i rode a kangaroo to work!! LOL

We as Austrlains are percieved to live in the Bush, drink heaps of piss, (oh that means beer) have sex with loads of Sheilas (that means women) Surf all of the time, Eat tuns of Grub (that means food) and fart a lot..... and the truth is... we really dont live in the bush

Mind you do you realise that we think Americans, cant go to black subburbs without getting murdered, Invaded Iraq for Oil, havea small I.Q's all are like the people on Ricky and Gerry Springer and love to blow everything up and everyone is fat and eats supersized food, apparently you are all too loud an uneducated..... aint it strange how wrong people can percieve stereotypes to be!!

Oz, you have Paul Hogan to blame for all that. BTW we Septics don't do all of those things you listed but there sure were a lot that hit the mark.

I talk to a lot of Australian hams and they do say "No worries" all the time. I'll have to jot down some of the other common sayings next time I'm on with them. And we didn't invade Iraq for oil. Actually if we did it would have made a lot more sense but since we didn't no one here can figure out why we did. Don't all Australians wrestle and hunt crocodiles?

Hey Security, do you know a company called "Intellicam"? They are in your area.

Where are you located.

I also lived in St. Louis, Mo. for a year 2003-2004. Direct Tv set me up with a free Apartment and $500 a week per diem. I was a master tech for them for a few years. However the Hacks came in and underbid everyone and took over the industry with thier shotty work. Thus the natural progression from DSS cabling to CCTV cabling. Got off on a tangent there however, St.Louis is a great city with very sexy women and a fantasitc local jazz/blues music scene.

Where are you located.

I also lived in St. Louis, Mo. for a year 2003-2004. Direct Tv set me up with a free Apartment and $500 a week per diem. I was a master tech for them for a few years. However the Hacks came in and underbid everyone and took over the industry with thier shotty work. Thus the natural progression from DSS cabling to CCTV cabling. Got off on a tangent there however, St.Louis is a great city with very sexy women and a fantasitc local jazz/blues music scene.

DTV, ahhh, I miss that

now its all Pensat and DishNet down here .... though I only have basic cable myself ... always have ..

we could never order DTV until the P4 came out, ofcourse .. then they figured out a way to legally order it .. go figure right. Yah dont want to see the Pirate videos and DVDs they have here .. straight from China!