aliensquale

Anybody know about the Itellicam Day Night cams??

yeah, probably not, their web site is set to 1000x768 as it is, which is not normal, so they probably wrote the software only for their size of resolution, or technology, so they probably never tested on any other OSs. Thats why I like Microsoft, Nortons, Adobe, all the big guys, they test theur software on more than one OS! ) That includes Kalatel, which works on windows 95 also! (yes i tested it once on windows 95 i loaded on my PC for a 'few minites'! Had to do some updates as with windows 98 also, winme, xp, 2000, no updates required.)

PS. I test mine also on more than one OS, and more htan one PC.

learnt the hard & long way with web development, that you cant just have your program working on one OS or browser.

I found the actual manufacturer's website for the Bluenet video in Korea, when I saw the us address, I then understood that it was another intellicam setup. Then I dug deeper, and I found the actual company, here:

http://www.ionixhit.com/product_2.htm

Watch what I'm going to do, give me a month

okay, I have some things to say...

1.) this forum is annoying me because it is not emailing me replies to my topic subscriptions... It was, now it isn't.. what the hell is going on..

2.) Anything below Windowx 2000/XP is completely MISERABLE.. and you should definately get off of it. ME was the biggest piece of $&^*&(&^ I ever saw.

3.) Okay, is there anybody in here who is a distributor of Geovision. I have decided to go with EITHER... the GV-250 or the GV-600 depending on prices. Could somebody please let me know their prices?

1-Tick the notify me when a reply is posted box when replying or posting.

2-ME is still be the best, alot better than the XP they came out with. XP was made for lazy computer techs, or beginners, for easy set up and installation of software drivers, and for people that wanted a 'pretty' operating system.

I have XP and ME running on the same 2 new systems, and ME runs 50% faster. Yes it crashes once in a while, but ill take that over a slower OS like XP, and XP gives errors alot also. 2000 is the inly one Ive seen that gives no or less errors. Anyone making software will test on all OS's, ME, 2000, XP, and some 98. There are still millions of users using ME. XP uses more memory and CPU speed, and if you have naything under 1Ghz, you will be dragging. Ill spin my opinion here again, windows 95 is the fastest OS yet no longer supported (nor works on most hardware anymore), and MS were idiots to ever upgrade. Nowadays XP needs 30 hotfixes to run properly, ME, none.

3-Im not going to my XP version to test 'that' site, I need a fast system and my personal web server is running on windows ME also.

Rory

I found the actual manufacturer's website for the Bluenet video in Korea, when I saw the us address, I then understood that it was another intellicam setup. Then I dug deeper, and I found the actual company, here:

http://www.ionixhit.com/product_2.htm

Watch what I'm going to do, give me a month

make them give you their software control so you can make your own software, or send me it and Ill make it for you.

Rory

what do you think is the most cost effective?

you think getting a GV-800 4 channel is worthless? or should I get like an 600 4 channel instead?

I don't know if I need that high a frame rate?

actually if you look at that site, they have the GV-250 2 channel for: $106. Could I buy 2 of these and will they both work with the ONE software application?

cause that would give me more FPS for the money if I brought 2 of these versus getting one of the GV600 4 channels.

1 x GV-600 4 channel = 7.5 FPS per camera

2 x GV-250 2 channel = 10 FPS per camera

but I need to make sure I can put multiple GV-250's in one system and use mutliples with ONE software application ya know.

I'm a CCTV consultant and manufacturer's representative. I used to own a distributing company but sold it a few years ago. If you want to see the relationship between WiseMicro and this other company simply go look up who owns the websites. Both are registered to the same person.

here's some night shots in pitch dark for the EX82, have some camera cleaning to do, and some slight night time adjustments. Camera 1 & 2 in this pic have a couple lights on right now, rest are pitch black.

I will post an online demo once they are cleaned and readjusted, but for now: Cameras 1,2,3,5,6,7 are EX82, Camera 4 is Extreme Day/Night Dome (EX45), Camera 8 is Sanyo Day Night Camera, in Extreme Housing with 2 UF500 IRs (oh yeah, 1 of them seems not to be working, I have to check that out, also some have been moved during last cleaning so LEDs are not positioned as they were originally, will have to spend a night out there to readjust this!)

EX82 = Extreme CCTV Dual Camera Day Night with IR LEDs. 480TVL Color, 420TVL B/W - 4-8mm Varifocal both Cameras. Photo Cell swicthes from color camera to BW camera. All IR and photocell switching is adjustable. Built in FAN. IR Distance to 100 ft outdoors, 150' indoors. Night time adjustments are required to get the best IR Image, and each location can give a different image, depending on height and direction of camera, and lens focal settings. PRICE: (Suggested US Retail) $2344.

Edited by Guest

If your after Geo and are on this forum just PM (Personal Message) me and I will email you prices..as for ME...it's a crock and the 30 hot fixes are for security loopholes not to make it run properly. No one really makes DVR for those operating systems and I bet the problem you have is not your resolution but infact the lack of the Ligos Indeo codec which was not released until XP.

If you wer to change the drivers and make alater card run on ME then you would find about a 20% drop in frame rate becuase of the structure of the OS (being that it is less powewrfull and much less efficient).. however i will go as far as to say that running lite 95 can not be beaten for dos programs and lite programming but the more modern stuff requires the power of XP.

ME can not be bought anymore (thank god) and from a computer user that knows.. it was the worst of the OS's that MS ever relaeased it even crashed when gates went to Debut it live for the first time..

I will say that XP is full of crud that is not needed but you can indeed shell it out and you can even buy an Embedded (not really embedded) version that has all the extra LAZY features cut out of it and this is the best to run your DVR on.

it was the worst of the OS's that MS ever relaeased it even crashed when gates went to Debut it live for the first time..

you should know better than that, XP is the ultimate worst OS ever made.

My ME never crashes.

XP, always on every machine i have seen, never restart, buit always a software crash and a 'send or dont send box', and much slower than ME.

and dont forget the security fixes needed for XP, none at all are needed for ME. Side by side ME is more powerful. I dont know what you use it for, but gaming, video, imaging, program development, etc, it blows XP down. Ofcourse depends what hardware you are using, and if its a dell, well its going to crash anyway! If you are rich enough to have a 3 Ghz CPU than anything will be fast, but guess what, when everyone is getting all the latest worms, etc, Ive never been touched. I never ever have to update my OS software which is just a waste of time, and half the time makes it worse and slower in the end.

XP = windows Update = Worm Infested = SLOWEST OS EVER

XP would be the last OS I would choose for a DVR for security.

Well Rory it seems 99 percent of DVR manufactorers of PC Cards disagree with you.

Also the more popular the O/S the more prople will try to make worms for it.

You could use a firewall and isolate the DVR then it has no problems does it!

Rory that is hogwash about ME.. infact i think ther was not many service packs but several patches, ME is basically a dressed up bloated 95 and lacks hyperthreading technology amongst other things.

if you 'think' it is hogwash, whatever that means, then run them side by side and test it. I use ME every day, and XP on other machines, and ME is my main PC and beats them by 50% speed. I would never switch to the worst ever OS with 30+ hot fixes to make it work!

For some new computers, you dont have a choice, as they are only made for XP.

After having seen Geo pop up all over this forum I went and hunted them down this week. Would I be right in thinking that you would recommend them? If so can you suggest a good card for me buy so I can have a dabble with it and look at the performance please.

As I am not actually going to use it in anger the number of inputs is not important.

Some people prefer the older MS O/S over XP as they are not targetted as aggessively as XP by worms. The perfrmance hit and lack of drivers for certain hardware is offset by the stability and reduced possibility of attacks. Unfortunately there are people out there that work backwards from MS monthly security patches. They work out what the patches addresses and write something to attack it. If you do not run the update they have a way in (ironically it is the update that makes the aware of the way in). Not all end users will run the updates on there DVRs. Some people are ok with this others are not.

ive finally got my parents using the update on their XP computers.

I take out auto update as its just something else to slow you down when you are in the middle of something.

Personally, I have never had to update windows Me. Im not saying id use it for a pc card DVR streaming video 24/7, as no, its not designed for that, but id definately not use XP. 2000 or linux a better choice.

I opened up a damaged (by shipping) StoreSafe the other day, reminded me of the Old win 95 Hewlett Packard desktop PCs, those mini ones with everything compressed into it. Definately hard to work on inside, anyway, partss are not PC parts so nothing I could do anyway. Memory looked similar, different type though. Hard Drive looked the same as IDE, but I didnt check it to see exactly. It is supposed to be SCSI, maybe it is.

Anyway ...

Hard drive is IDE, nice burners they put in though, but that would be for the direct packet drwaing that it does.. I mean Plextor is a mean drive and not cheap, as for ram sticks they are PC ram sticks, the board on the top is mostly for Matrix operations and control of the inputs from the front panel, what you would not have seen is the board underneath it is a reduced Mainboard... JUST LIKE A PC, it has the same structure without the PCI bus, there is a chip for video, the same as on most mini Mainboards and there is a STANDARD mini CPU in it.. Rory I will agree with you about ME to a point..even on the quality of the Kalatel, however slow as hell unless you spend big bucks.... But THAT MACHINE IS A MINI PC, you could run your beloved 95 on it without a worry, the only difference is that the O/S is in a bank of roms..

Other than that the only thing that makes the Kalatel not a PC is that it has no PCI slots but built in mainboards don't use them either so go figure, it is a standard mainboard, if you tell me again it is not a PC I will read a copy of the roms, store it,,,,, install 95 on it and show you a screen shot, will be hard without the PS2 inputs but I am sure I can get around it, what you are saying is that it is not PC.. well that is like saying an XBOX is not a PC, it has no normal O/S, it has no PCI slots, it is standalone and has mini components, but by god, I have bought several to use as linux firewalls as at $250 Australian it is cheaper than a PC to use.. (interesting thought hay)

You see microsoft make money from the games not the box, but Kalatel make money from the Box and the rest that goes with Cameras etc.. Don't be brainwashed, I stand behind the fact that the Kalatel is a Glorified PC just it uses an embedded O/S which is far from perfectly stable.. As I have said many times you dont have to run everything that XP offers, you can trim it down, mind you Auto Updates would not be something I would remove.

I didn't want to release this trade secret but you can buy a trimmed down (embedded but not really) version of XP... no I wont say where, this is shelled out as well and is even more stable than anything I have seen.

Most of the codecs used now for DVR will not be supported by 95 or ME and that is why you have so much trouble trying peoples demos.

You want to wager that I can get 95 going on that machine even if Kalatel say it is not possible????

ill leave that up to you , let me know how it goes )

Just got a DVMRe-CT in replacement of a StoreSafe today. It looks cool. Its much thinner than the StoreSafe, almost 1/4 of the size, longer though, looks like a mux. Maybe they are built by different departments? The DVMRe has been around alot longer than the StoreSafe.

The DVMReCT has much more features, and is currently 60pps. More of an industrial looking device than the Store Safe, but the main thing ai like about the StoreSafe is its compact size for Lockboxes, and its stand alone. But the DVMRe is definately a different monster. Ill let you know how it goes. May even open it

Also got a Provideo DVR-16/IP, havent tested it yet, havent even seen it yet, my colleague got it in today. From starters, remote software is a task, and seems it is only browser based. It has local network playback etc, but for over the internet, the only options are browser. Havent hooked it up to the cable modem yet, he sais later on tonight. Its definately not close to the ease of installation and remote use of the Kalatel, or any other products I have seen, including DVR cards. The manuals say things like for remote video, just enter your IP information, but dont say what info, nor what program, and dont say you must enter it into a browser! It only has that one line, enter your IP information to view remotely over the internet ...where are these guys made again, Sungwang or something like that right, originally i mean.

Anyway, will let you know how that one goes also..

Really though, I was surprised to see how much it looked like the guts of one of those old HP desktop PCs, remember going inside them to change hard drives etc and was hell! Can win 95 run on power PC chip set? They only list a couple RTOS's that are supposedly supported, but like i said, give it a whirl.

I AM stuck on stand alones, and Kalatel right now because of the great support and wide range of products, but not stuck on the StoreSafe, depends on the app. If this provideo proves ok, then ill sell it for home or cheaper retail users. So far the software is 'almost' the worst I have seen, or morseo the hardest to set up and very bad instructions, but we will see what i find out by tomorrow (10.30pm here). I was told the actual hardware device itself was easy to install, by my colleague, it almost self installs, its RTOS linux.

And I DO understand how we have to run XP to be able to use most of the current Codecs, its been the norm with MS from '95 days, everytime they make a new OS, hardware writers change their specs. Dont worry though, im not even close to switching to mac, i still like my windows, any version. yes I know how to trim it down to look and operate like older windows, my concerns are more towards non techs who have all the default settings and call me to fix the worms they get; granted most are using an Instant messanger program and that just makes things worst (trojans). As for my usage, I just have had a faster system and more luck using windows ME, that can all change in the near future with newer hardware though. And whats the deal with Server 2003? Is that happenning or not? Never used or seen it yet.

Rory

If you really like the "old school" stuff, windows 98 SE will blow ME out of the water and will actually run for longer than a day without crashing.