mickuk2006

viewing with mac book

i have recently come to a problem, i have connected dvrs over lan and wan for years withoute problem however i have now encountered the mac. i have found that viewing software and web viewers are not compatible with macs, im trying with a xeno but cant get it to work as ie7 needs plugins wich macs dont have apparently, any way round this or is it a dvr change. thanks

I have few customers who are total MAC heads and refused to change yet wanted remote view from thei DVR's

Solution win xp installed on the MAC so they now have duel OP system but all works 100%

Yes, you said it - most will work on PC's, Mac's are still a bit of an afterthought with regard to viewing software.

You can, however install dual OS partitions on Macs to give the best of both worlds.

Best of,

D

Hi,

Third party native Mac s/w is available for some DVRs. Google the DVR name along with downloads and with the site limited to Apple's web site. E.g.:

avtech downloads site:apple.com

(it's the best way to find mac software for any application.)

-Craig

I have few customers who are total MAC heads and refused to change yet wanted remote view from thei DVR's

Solution win xp installed on the MAC so they now have duel OP system but all works 100%

I am one of the "total MAC heads" and I find VMware much better than parallels but if all you need is IE and you don't want to spend the money on a Microsoft windows license than Crossover may work for you.