rgbyhkr

Interesting GV combo card coming

So it looks like GV will be showing a new combination card at ISC West that I hadn't seen mention of before. This one combines the DVR, the DSP card and the audio input card into one. Given PCI slot quantity limitations, this is a welcomed advance and logical next step. Here's the brief description if the card from their newsletter:

"Three-In-One Combo Card (GV-1480/GV-1240/GV-1120)

One card includes all! The three-in-one combo card combines GV-DVR, GV-DSP (real-time display) and GV-A16 (16CH audio recording) in a single card, with PCI express or PCI 2.3 support. It offers one TV output to connect to TV monitor."

Anyone hear anything on possible cost and expected availability date?

No... but unless GeoVision changes their GUI to something more professional I would prob not consider it myself even though it sounds good H/W wise.

From the ones I have seen so far, I do not mind the one that comes with the Hunt DVR's, 'DVR Manager Monitor' I believe. I also like the S/W from Video Insight (from the pics I have seen anyway). I am sure there are many others. It would be nice if some DVR software was able to be checked out in 'offline' mode and not require a DVR be present.

No, I am not a dealer. I am an End User, and we currently have a GeoVision GV-800 system at work that I setup. I am just not happy with the GEO GUI that's all. The constant jerky motion for both playback and recording is annoying at times as well but tolerable. No doubt, the PC just needs a faster CPU as it is only a 2.4GHz.

If GEO has such good H/W, I am sure they can do even 'better' with a S/W makeover. The blinking eyes in the top corner should go for starters.

The constant jerky motion for both playback and recording is annoying at times as well but tolerable. No doubt, the PC just needs a faster CPU as it is only a 2.4GHz.

The DSP card is to provide realtime display. The problem is that they just charge too much for all the hardware you'd need to match the performance of an embedded DVR. If they were to price the new Three-In-One Combo Card the same as their video-capture card, then they may be able to tip the economics more in their favor.

The blinking eyes in the top corner should go for starters.

Hey! They are gone!!!!!!!

They are? Is this the latest software release?

well im going to get a collection of screen shots from as many DVR network software Proggies as possible ... will let you know when its online

Is there a source where I can get the latest list of compatible devices with geovision cards...

I just got back from ISC and didnt see them there.... dam!

The blinking eyes in the top corner should go for starters.

Hey! They are gone!!!!!!!

They are? Is this the latest software release?

They are actually gone in 6.1... At least I dont have them.

They are still there in 6.1. but there is a way to get rid of them. I don't remember off hand though.

As far as the jerky motion comment, I would not necessarily blame the GV-800. I recently installed one and have not experienced that problem at all.

I don't know why some people make such a big deal about the look of the GUI. After awhile I don't even notice it. I'll take features and performance over a system that has a nicer looking GUI any day. Can they improve it? Definitely.

I'm sure when they finally do change it people will then probably complain about the color scheme.

They are still there in 6.1. but there is a way to get rid of them. I don't remember off hand though.

As far as the jerky motion comment, I would not necessarily blame the GV-800. I recently installed one and have not experienced that problem at all.

I don't know why some people make such a big deal about the look of the GUI. After awhile I don't even notice it. I'll take features and performance over a system that has a nicer looking GUI any day. Can they improve it? Definitely.

I'm sure when they finally do change it people will then probably complain about the color scheme.

What are some of the computer specs you have installed where there is no issues with motion? What GV card type? 4xBNC?

P4 3GHz

P4P800SE Motherboard

512MB DDR400

40GB ATA

200GB SATA

GeForce FX5200 128MB

GV800-8

I will try and get you a vid clip.

P4 3GHz

P4P800SE Motherboard

512MB DDR400

40GB ATA

200GB SATA

GeForce FX5200 128MB

GV800-8

OVERKILL

P4 3GHz

P4P800SE Motherboard

512MB DDR400

40GB ATA

200GB SATA

GeForce FX5200 128MB

GV800-8

OVERKILL

And no problems

I use P4 2.0G for Geo. Just because there is nothing lower than that available where I shop.

But on the other hand the system is stable...