G22

Sanyo DSR-3506H80 DVR

I just had a quick look through a major CCTV Distributors catalogue, and they run 21 different brands of DVR - No GE and No Kalatel.

Personally I've never seen a Kalatel DVR here in the U.K., but that's not to say they are not available somewhere.

We've got the major trade show IFSEC coming up next month, so it will be interesting to see if they are at the event.

Incidentally, a 'Metal Mickey' is a miniature PTZ camera, increasingly being used for 'Town Centre' schemes, in place of conventional / dome assemblies.

Now if I remember correctly, "Metal Mickey" the robot, had a link with a former member of the Monkees pop group (talk about going off topic ).

Yeah ...

Thats why Norbain is pushing the GE stuff under their name I guess, they have for a couple years though, I remember seeing that way back when.

Dont know what i'd do if I came there .. guess it would have to be Baxall DVRs ..?? I cant stand the DMs ..

originally posted by rory:-

Dont know what i'd do if I came there .. guess it would have to be Baxall DVRs ..?? I cant stand the DMs ..

Rory, you could always get your favourite Sanyo's .....

I am an installer, and we still call them Kalatels. When we talk GE, Kalatel always comes up.

Yep .. All the miami distributors still quote it as Kalatel.

I just got another quote from a different one than I normally use, and yep was called Kalatel in the quote ..and i asked for GE security

Guess they will adjust to the new name in time ..

ADI lists them as GE Security in their catalog but uses Kalatel part numbers for ordering.

Jesus, who cares, kalatel, GE, it's all the SAME THING!!

Can we please get back to the original question of this thread?

I have to admit, I love this discussions. I;m thinking of renting a hall for the August ISC EAST show, so that we can all get together and bash eachother (LOL).

Ok, then I guess I'll take out my harpoon and make a D shaped tip on it, I just hope that the "R" makes it, I have a little baton with his initials on it

All kidding aside, I'll toss my cell phone to you guys then. I have been working with this company in NYC and they decided to add 7 more doors and 27 cams.

Can we please get back to the original question of this thread?

I think at this point we are WELL past that

rory - you seem to be LOST in the Bahamas. I am looking at the most recent price sheet for both GE (Kalatel) and Sanyo. Sanyo's pricing is far less then GE and with a much better warranty program.

MetzLyov is the real-deal and runs a very successful CCTV business in southern California. MetzLyov - The Regional Manager from Sanyo speaks highly of you. Do you talk to him often?

Sanyo is a nice DVR. Install more of these than GE/Kalatel. They are a good solid unit. The Javascript refreshing seems to drive customers nutz tho.

Sanyo is a nice DVR. Install more of these than GE/Kalatel. They are a good solid unit. The Javascript refreshing seems to drive customers nutz tho.

What is the most common model of Sanyo you have installed so far?

DSR-3016H Ugly as hell, but a work horse and simple setup. Manual is User Friendly for the customers. We only install 16 channel.

We have high end customers and they buy Panasonic$ and we have cheap high end customers and they use Sanyo.