mjnavapo

Board lens removable IR-Cut

Hello, I have a Night Vision camera without a lens type M12x0, 5 with fixed infrared filter.

If you change a lens without infrared filter, when it is daytime, the image looks bad, unnatural colors.

I am looking for a lens of this type that has removable infrared filter, so you can enable or disable it using an external sensor light.

But I see no lens M12x0, 5 with this feature.

Anybody know if there is what I seek?

Thank you.

Well you need a ICR chip along with an ICR lens.

I do not know, my knowledge on these subjects is very basic.

What I was thinking about is a lens inside bears a removable infrared filter for some motor or electromagnet.

Thus, for example, by applying a DC voltage, insert the filter, and by disconnecting the voltage is removed. Or vice versa.

In order to control it with an external circuit to the camera (as this does not admiete this possibility), something like a photocell, so active or deactivate the filter, whether it is day or night.

Thank you.

I know Computar makes one (it's on the Acti ACM-7411) but it is not listed in their regular website, it is probably an OEM-type item, you might try contacting them about it.

It does appear to have a small DC motor to control the filter, you would have to design a circuit to control it.

hardwired I sent him an email and see if they respond. Thank you.

rory my camera is an Axis 207. The standard lens comes with built-in infrared filter. I have taken this lens and I've put another without infrared filter and works well as infrared night vision. But when it's daytime, the color is not natural.

It seems that this lens is what I need, I'll send an email to the manufacturer.

My camera has no automatic control of IRIS what if I put a lens with auto iris?

Thanks

I cant answer that as that camera sounds strange. The IR Cut filter is normally part of the camera not the lens.

I cant answer that as that camera sounds strange. The IR Cut filter is normally part of the camera not the lens.

On box cameras then the ICR is attached to the board. But on domes and bullets then the ICR is usually built into the lens.

115589_1.jpg

You Need this Chip to control the ICR one input is for CDS sensor and voltage and the other plug is for controlling the ICR lens

115589_2.jpg

This is a box camera with the ICR attached to the board.

115589_3.jpg 115589_1.png

This is the Lens with built in ICR. One controls the ICR the other controls the IRIS.

On box cameras then the ICR is attached to the board. But on domes and bullets then the ICR is usually built into the lens.

With a Day Night Dome or Bullet camera that has a mechanical IR Cut Filter then yes the Microvarifocal lens has the MECHANICAL IR cut filter on the lens, and in that case the camera must not have a fixed IR Cut filter otherwise that feature is useless. But he is talking about a FIXED IR Cut filter, which is never built into the lens. He is saying the lens had a fixed IR Cut filter, from what I read anyway, and that when he swapped the lens for one that didnt, then the colors in the day were messed up, which is expected from the IR in the daytime.

But thats why I mentioned the camera itself needs to NOT have a fixed IR cut filter as then no matter what lens placed on it wont matter. For example, I do this all the time, I interchange lenses between color bullets (with fixed IR cut filters which see absolutely no IR) and BW Bullets (with no IR Cut filters, which work at night and pick up IR).

I imagine the fixed IR Cut filter must be somewhere behind the chip itself. Either way apparently his camera didnt have one and for some reason the lens had one which as I said before, is not normal.

The IR-CUT filter is in the lens itself that comes standard with the camera

By changing the lens produces a no infrared filter, infrared displays perfectly, so it is valid for night vision.

So I need a removable lens with infrared filter. And then done with an external circuit with a photocell, activate or turn off the filter, depending on the lighting conditions.

Deputy vision image comparing with the original lens and the lens that he has no infrared filter.

The focus is 48 infrared LED 850nm

IR.thumb.JPG.ebb48e07f327b4e2bf879a53a97ff5a1.JPG

So I need a removable lens with infrared filter. And then done with an external circuit with a photocell, activate or turn off the filter, depending on the lighting conditions.

So basically you need the Small Varifocal lens on the picture up front and that chip in the picture along with a CDS sensor to make this work. I have not seen a ICR built into a fixed lens, only varifocal ones. The varifocal one above will fit into most cameras.

that ir board lens just looks like a normal fixed board lens, which ofcourse has no IR cutfilter built into them. That original lens must have the fixed IR cut filter built into that funny looking piece on it.

So to recap the camera has a somewhat IR sensitive chip ... therefore you can switch the lens to a microvarifocal day night lens with mechanical IR cut filter as i posted above from KT&C. Just email KT&C and double check with them that it will work 100% before ordering it. Many retailers and distributors carry KT&C so shouldnt be a problem getting that lens. As far as I know there are no fixed lens with mechanical IR Cut filter.

that ir board lens just looks like a normal fixed board lens, which ofcourse has no IR cutfilter built into them. That original lens must have the fixed IR cut filter built into that funny looking piece on it.

So to recap the camera has a somewhat IR sensitive chip ... therefore you can switch the lens to a microvarifocal day night lens with mechanical IR cut filter as i posted above from KT&C. Just email KT&C and double check with them that it will work 100% before ordering it. Many retailers and distributors carry KT&C so shouldnt be a problem getting that lens. As far as I know there are no fixed lens with mechanical IR Cut filter.

I can post picture of board fixed lens if u want with mechanical IR Filter

Dont bother, just post the brand and where to get it, its not for me.

I guess you clearly missed the part where i said "As far as I know". I do not know it all .. just an FYI. If you have something to add to the discussion, please feel free to do so.

Dont bother, just post the brand and where to get it, its not for me.

I guess you clearly missed the part where i said "As far as I know". I do not know it all .. just an FYI. If you have something to add to the discussion, please feel free to do so.

What i meant to say it is camera in my hands with board lens and mec IR Filter

sorry for confusion

Excuse me, but I do not speak English (I'm from Spain) and to communicate with you using the google translator and some things do not translate well and do not understand.

I attached a picture with the camera parts.

axis207.thumb.JPG.3e26170523e3d0a8c80cdffb6d44e3d6.JPG