goalie

DVMR-8CD and high res recording

Does it support recording in 720x resolution or is that only for display?

I think Everfocus does 720, anyone else?

Is this the GE Kalatel DVMR 8CD??

IF so yes. It is much higher quality video than Everfocus as well.

15277_1.jpg

They are calling it a Samsung but I think only the CD drive in that thing is a SAMSUNG as I cannot find the actual DVR on their site.

GEN IV?

13600_2.gif

lots of info on the specs except for what I need

That Dvr is made by Sys-tek, www.sys-tek.co.kr its an oem, a lot of manufacturers re-brand this DVR and sell it on, Very Cheap but stable as a rock, have not yet had a single problem with them. PM me the price you're paying for, i'll let you know if you're getting a good deal

Piece of advice, don't buy of a company who trying to make a few hundred $$ of you by telling you its a samsung DVR!

Edited by Guest

Where can I find a 16-channel version of this DVR. I would like to see the cost of one since you describe the 8-channel as "cheap, but stable."

Thanks

can you say - Lock up .... cause thats what they do.

no,it is not a Samsung, not even close, just look at the ugly thing!!

can you say - Lock up .... cause thats what they do.

no,it is not a Samsung, not even close, just look at the ugly thing!!

Rory, you're not the first guy to say that, definitely a very ugly DVR!

I'll be honest, ive never had one lock up on me, well not yet anyway! For the price you can't complain, all of them come with TCP/IP connection as standard. The only problem i had was once i was only getting 7 channels out of the 8 to work, thats about it.

I used the avtech 16 channel before this and they really let me down, PSU issues!!!!. I mean there were times where i was installing a DVR one week and going a week after to replace the PSU! you can imagine what my customer was thinking. My supplier tells me they've sorted out the problem, maybe they have, but i refuse to go back to a manufacturer once they've let me down!! also its a 18fps, this one's 25fps, motion is easier to set up, its got a CDRW, remote control making it more user friendly for the customer.

18fps?

Avtechs i use are 30fps...

Anywayz, whats the US price on the 4 channel?

And who makes it in Asia..?

the CD feature is nice, but does it work properly?

I Have seen uglier though, like the sanyo and some Asian OEM ones .. just take a stroll over at ASMAG.com..

thanks

Rory

Come on, the Sanyo one is perty. Makes me all warm inside, like when I see an 8 track player.

i think its just that beige colored DVRs look cheap ..they should at least change the color ..

Avtech. i got a 4ch AVtech 780w and some of the buttons stop working

i gotta reboot it then they work and then sometimes don't.

would it be a defective unit or crappy firmware?

---

Back to the Korean DVR, does it record at 720px or 360 resolution?

you have to hit stop to get into the menu for sure. Basically once its recording you have to stop the recording to do any menu stuff.

On that "Samsung" they are coming out with a new version with dynamic IP setting and more options. Supposed to be a solid unit. I will let you know as soon as it comes.

Edited by Guest

Sounds good. I am thinking of my own BUBBADVR with the Best Digital Surveillance System software.

nah, the "BESTEST" Digtal surveillanse vidoe software

got to get the typos and grammer right

ha ha ha hhhhaa ..

it uses the HiSharp OEM software, same as every other OEM Asian DVR ..no diff .. "da best in da wurld market" .. dey mussee hittin some of dat kurean chronic

You beat to me to the bestest quote rory.

Oh well, since they are the best, I can longer look at GEO since they are only 'better'.

thats why im coming out with "the Best of the Bestest software in da video surveillance univerise market" ..

That DVR is made by Argus in Korea I think. We talked about this DVR only a million times before. We put in 10-15 of them in the beginning. The recording quality is really bad, and you can't adjust it. The network viewer keeps locking up all the time. Real cheap stuff. Interesing about the Samsung brand theory. it. I am going to start buying SONY CD-RW to put in the the DVR's so I can sell them as SONY DVR's.

From Intellicam support (4/4/2005), in response to several questions I asked about the 16 channel version of this player:

-Our DVMR machines do not utilize DVR cards. These are not PC based systems. They are true stand alone systems that operate on a proprietary RTOS.

-Sir, we are not your run-of-the-mill fly-by-night PC shop selling DVRs. We are a very successful US distributor of professional security products. We will be around for a very, very long time. If at any time there is a bug fix for the units we will send out a firmware upgrade at your request if required.

-The DVR itself comes with client software that allows for remote live viewing and playback only via the Internet. There is an additional module that we have developed solely for this product that allows complete control and viewing as if you were standing at the machine itself. It is accessible through Internet Explorer with no client software and also supports free, full dynamic IP.

-There is a 300 cell grid that you can mask off or on per camera.

-There is either schedule record, motion record, alarm record, or 24/7

-The type of record mode is for ALL cameras and cannot be configured per camera.