goalie

DVMR-8CD and high res recording

We all heard of Pelco. Do they make cameras?? Usually Sony/Pelco or Panasonic/Pelco. It pays to dig until it hurts until you finally find that name brand that fits your needs. A unit, that you know the menus so well, you can guide a troubled customer through the menus from your couch. The pay part I found, is the same head end unit, same software (linux) and a $2000 price difference because of the name on the front of the unit as well as some changed soft touch controls.

Does this make sense??

Yes, The DVMR is manufactured in Korea as all decent standalones are all presently made in Korea. Quality out of China and Taiwan is still not up to par. I just returned from Korea, China, and Japan. We are still going to OEM from Korea even though price levels are higher.

The reason many cctv companies (Not Us) brand this DVMR as Samsung is because GVI/Samsung also OEM's the exact same DVR using the exact same case from the exact same manufacturer. Most of these threads contain sporadic if not completely incorrect data. Intellicam has always marketed this standalone as a very stable, yet entry DVR model. Some of our resellers over sell our unit. However, we're quite confident when compared side by side using price as a barmometer, it offers exceptional value. Maybe thats why over 80,000 are in use today worldwide.

As for Rory, and his notion that this unit is a Hi-Sharp, I urge him and any other cctv supplier who intends on being in business a while, to fully compare internal hardware. There are significant differences. You can start with the fact that Hi-Sharp only supports a 250gig Drive, that speaks volumes for their processor. In addition, playback quality is not as good as the Gen IV unit. Recording in full 720 X 480 resolution for our unit is 60fps. Our competition advertises real-time, not advising the market that in many instances, they are referring to 320 X 120 pixel recording. Thats bad form.

If all of you would start using IBM/Hitachi drives instead of the less expensive Western Digital, Samsung, and Maxtor Drives, you would realize a one per 300 failure as opposed to one to three per hundred.

We are an investor in our manufacturer. In the USA we are the largest distributor for this manufacturers standalone series. Combined with our sister company in the UK, we are third worldwide in volume sales of standalone dvr units. Our goal was to offer a price level to installers that eliminated their necessity to import. To give independent cctv companies and distributors a fighting chance in this market.

We now have staffed offices in Canada, The Midwest, and California opens soon. We are also increasing our presence in Asia to two additional staffed offices as we are adding Shenzhen as a distribution point for container shipments. I urge all of you that try to "guess" what separates one dvr from the next, to go overseas, visit the manufacturers, tour their smt facilities, and demand component certifications. When you're done, you'll find that 98% of "manufacturers" you visit are not manufacturers.

We will continue to offer entry level products at prices our dealers, installers, and distributors can successfully install and distribute. I ask that you fairly compare our products in their perspective price range, and then follow our engineers recommendations for HDD units, etc. We've created multi-million dollar distribution partners throughout the USA and most of our dealers are doing very well over the last two years. No one in this forum can send any of you to a distributor with better pricing. Beginning this summer, we are introducing extremely high end products as requested by several thousand of our strategic partners in the USA. Watch Out Pelco.

Don't mess with DATA, He;s in the Union!!!!!

And you know what that means, okey?

You know something? I just read his post. Watch out PELCO? haha!!

3 Offices? two in ASIA? 1 in the UK? Multi-Million Dollar Transactions?

oh yeah, and my name is Osama.

Do you believe ur own BS? I have not seen you in any trade shows, have not even heard your name other than eBay, and what's worse, you are insulting me over $1500 bucks that I don't even owe you? man, tell us that you work for that show "PUNK'D" and show us the cameras.

Although I would admit the price is okay, the best stand alone DVR on the market is still GE (Kalatel).

Oh yeah, I never said it was a HiSharp, I said it uses the HiSharp software, whether the software is theirs or not, its the same thing, almost all low end DVRs use the same software.

Personally I believe in quality over quantity.

I've got one of these in a business I just bought, but don't have any manuals. It has 8 channels, a 160Gb hard disk and a CD-R drive and Ethernet port. Although it is working in the standalone mode, I need to learn more about it, especially how to connect it to the network and back up images to the CD drive. I am also looking at increasing its capacity...Does anyone have a VALID location where I can download a set of manuals (I think it has a User Manual and a Config guide) so I have something to use?

Thanks!!!!

Yes, I just picked up one of these GEN IV 8 Channel DVR's 160gb drive.

I paid $200 shipped. Too much ?

ALso I have no documentation and no power supply. What is the amp output of your PSU ? I'm planning to add a 12V 5A I think that should be enough.

If you find any DOCUMENTATION software etc for this unit, please let me know....

Thanks