Dopplganger:

I have had the best luck calling Luxriot's tech support. Email requests for issues seem to be slower to resolve than simply calling. Even if I was forced to leave a message on their tech support line, they've never failed to call me back the same day. Their LA tech-support office is the one I've dealt with the most... and they've fixed every issue I've encountered... including offering some helpful build tips for my latest server.

When I'm using the client interface, I run one 24/7 on a dual-monitor setup on my desktop at home. I use the ten-tiled view, and F11 it to full-screen size. I can double click on any of the individual camera views to bring that view to full-screen size, and my Acti cams are full resolution (I have three of them in my installation). Another double-click will return it to the ten-tiled view.

I'm not sure what the file-download problem is... that's a new one on me. I've never encountered that with any of my remote clients, no matter what version. I'm running a 1.7-version server, and can connect even with 1.6-version clients, and it doesn't download anything at all. I'd call them about that... they may be able to shed some light on it.

As for the connection errors, I used to get that too. I couldn't understand what it was doing... so I mentioned it, mostly as an aside, to one of their techs when I was transferring my license to my new server. He immediately asked "are you using your MB's on-board ethernet?"

I was... and he was correct about that being the problem. Apparently even server-grade MBs sometimes have trouble with the on-board chips overheating and dropping packets (I was using a board with a quality PCI-E onboard Intel gigabit NIC). When that happens, the server can lose sync to the camera, and show up a weird error in Hex code in that camera window. He said it sometimes takes a while to crop up. I was skeptical, and told him so. He laughed... and insisted that changing to a proper add-on server-grade PCI-E NIC (I'm partial to the Intel PRO/1000 cards... they've never failed me) would fix it.

He was right.

Call them. They've been very helpful with the couple of issues I've had.

Can luxriot cameras not be remotly accessed via simple web brownser ? i-catcher console is great for this, in fact its great full stop.

Can luxriot cameras not be remotly accessed via simple web brownser ? i-catcher console is great for this, in fact its great full stop.

Luxriot has a broadcast server that can be used for browser-access (activex not required) to live views and recorded footage.