I have 3 bosch covert motion cameras coming back to a nuvico ev-4000. Altronix 12vdc power supply. Have rg-59 running to the cameras and attached to the supplied baluns. All 3 cameras have a great picture individually. Camera 1 looks good always, and when I plug in camera 2, they both still look good, when i attach camera 3 camera 2 and 3 get a moving overlap. Kind of like when you have something moving on your eye, or like a ghost. Camera 1 and camera 3 together look good, but when 2 is added 2 and 3 get that weird ghosting again. have just camera 2 and 3 connect, if i remove one, the other picture clear instantly. Its almost as if there linked somehow but the only common point is the DVR. if i pull the power to one of the cameras the other flickers as somehow its being affected by the other. any help would be great.

Thanks

-Joe

I have 3 bosch covert motion cameras coming back to a nuvico ev-4000. Altronix 12vdc power supply. Have rg-59 running to the cameras and attached to the supplied baluns. All 3 cameras have a great picture individually. Camera 1 looks good always, and when I plug in camera 2, they both still look good, when i attach camera 3 camera 2 and 3 get a moving overlap. Kind of like when you have something moving on your eye, or like a ghost. Camera 1 and camera 3 together look good, but when 2 is added 2 and 3 get that weird ghosting again. have just camera 2 and 3 connect, if i remove one, the other picture clear instantly. Its almost as if there linked somehow but the only common point is the DVR. if i pull the power to one of the cameras the other flickers as somehow its being affected by the other. any help would be great.

Thanks

-Joe

with rg59 you do not need the baluns. just remove them and connect your cameras with standard bnc. then see if your footage is ok.

The balun are because this type of covert camera doesnt have any leads just terminals, like a regular motion detector.

The only thing in your setup that is not normal are the baluns, I would join the cables together without connectors temporarily and see if that fixes it. If not, then put them back on and would need to look at what else might be causing it. The other thing to do is to power them all individually, they may not have built in isolation and one maybe grounding somewhere, or one camera may just be bad. Also could be the DVR but first try to rule out the cameras and power.

i'm saying baluns but i dont think thats what i mean, i guess its just a female bnc end with leads coming off of it so i can connect it into terminals on the camera.

I'm pretty sure the power supply and cameras are good, because i switch the one camera that was making a good picture with the one that wasnt and still got same thing. Also i tryed power one camera by the alarm panel and the other by the power supply and it was still happening. So I thought i eliminated the power and cameras, so i ran a new piece of wire just on the ground temporarily to see if it was the wire and it was still doing it!