ginogag

remote viewing

need help . have a verizon fios router, hooked up my 4 eyespro cpture card ,everything works good

I need to figure out how to set up my computer, my avermedia program, and anything else to view it remotely. I dont know the slightest thing about setting it up. Im assuming i have the same ip because everytime i look it up its the same number. Do i use ip or external ip????? I enter my ip address in the explorer bar and verizon screen comes up with an entry for a user id and password????I only want to view my cameras with my laptop when i am away not my cellphone. I also read something about port forwarding????

I am using windows xp to run the system.PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

need help . have a verizon fios router, hooked up my 4 eyespro cpture card ,everything works good

I need to figure out how to set up my computer, my avermedia program, and anything else to view it remotely. I dont know the slightest thing about setting it up. Im assuming i have the same ip because everytime i look it up its the same number. Do i use ip or external ip????? I enter my ip address in the explorer bar and verizon screen comes up with an entry for a user id and password????I only want to view my cameras with my laptop when i am away not my cellphone. I also read something about port forwarding????

I am using windows xp to run the system.PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

HI first dont load any software onto yopur laptop. the dvr will do that once you have a connection.

on your dvr screen click setup and click network there you will see your dvr ip (local) make a note also you will see port if this is not 5550 then change it till it is. now log on to your router and portforward your dvr ip to 5550. restart everything and that sould be it.

to log on from your local network this will be done by using your local ip.

http://yourip:5550

from another area you will need to know your external ip. go to google and enter my ip. make a note of the ip and use that when away from your network http://yourexternalip:5550.

well, went into system config on dvr menu ,went into NETWORKING, ther is a GENERAL BOX that says server ip.with only 4 numbers seperated by dots THAT I CANNOT CHANGE, below that, a section that says.....ENABLE WEBCAM SERVER.....with an entry for port # , which i put in 5550 AND a webroot box that says c:\\program files ETC...........

BELOW THAT ther is a box that is checked that says ENABLE REMOTEVIEW SERVER VIA TCP/IP , and another box for port # ...which i put in 5550

below that has dynamic dns box with domain name and password i left blank...........do i have to do anything with my verizon router?

when i punch in my local ip/5550 i get.......cannot display this webpage

when i punch in externalip/5550 i get.......cannot display this webpage

when i punch in ext ip only .....i get verizon fios log on screen with user name and password .......which i was trying all combos of admin,111111,superuser ,password, password1,etc . IM OBVIOUSLY MISSING SOMETHING HERE........PLEASE HELP...is it my desktop or my router not letting me view the dvr remotely ....if its my router , would i have to reset my router ,DO I HAVE TO ENTER PORT # IN ROUTER ..THANKS

read your reply ,im in watching the tutorial u sent me but dont know which protocol to use ????

instead of using a protocol from the drop down. click add and call it cctv it will then ask you for the port entre 5550.