tracenet

Looking for Suggestions on Auto Track PTZ Camera

Hi All,

I am in need of a Auto Tracking PTZ camera with around a 30X zoom. Can anyone suggest a good one that they have some experience with. I know that there are alot of them out there but I would like some suggestion from you guys.

Hi All,

I am in need of a Auto Tracking PTZ camera with around a 30X zoom. Can anyone suggest a good one that they have some experience with. I know that there are alot of them out there but I would like some suggestion from you guys.

they may be a lot of auto tracking but most of them are not good. when adventura came to ifsec in the uk one was on demo looked very good. the company is in new york. here is there demo.

http://www.aventuratechnologies.com/livedemo/

Panasonic puts out a good product and their Auto Tracking is one of the better ones out there.

However, auto tracking is only so good. Most auto tracking does not zoom in on the subject, it simply follows a subject at its current focal length. Panasonic does have a few products that will zoom in as well as auto track.

Another great feature of Panasonic is the "hand-off" feature. When a person is walking around an object, lets say the corner of one side of the building to another, the system can be setup where Camera A hands off to Camera B located on the other side of the object.

The other place to look depending on the scope of your project is analytics.

Panasonic does have a few products that will zoom in as well as auto track.

What are the model numbers?

Best,

Christopher

The Samsung SPD-3750T is also quite reasonable, it has the same drawbacks listed against the Panasonic (doesn't zoom on the subject, only follows) but they are generally sold for quite a reasonable price.

The only thing with it is, you MUST use a Samsung PTZ controller to operate the camera, as the generic controllers have trouble accessing the camera's function menus. I know the SCC-3100A controller will work the camera, and the SCC-1000 will also operate it with no difficulty.

-Raymond

The auto tracking demos at ioimage are very impressive. The zoom in and out and ability to track people, at least in the demo, is quite good. These analytic devices can be added with virtually any PTZ that accepts standard controls. The total system cost is likely more than a typical auto tracking PTZ, but given that you can mix and match PTZs, that is a very compelling feature.

Best,

Christopher

We are using a cost-effective auto tracking ptz cameras. You can look at www.ismart-cctv.com.

I found they sold a lot to USA. Good luck.