spiro

catering hall camera suggestion

Hi all

We have a catering hall and an HD projector

I would like to be able to mount a wired PTZ high resolution camera somewhere in the room connect it to the projector input and be able to control it with a simple joystick or keypad controller. so I can project the image to another part of the room

I dont need wireless controls or network capability but I do need PTZ control good picture quality, auto- focus and extremely low light color capability (not IR)

Can you guys suggest a PTZ camera to fit my situation?

we re trying to keep this to around $600.00 USD

thanks for your help

This camera will work and it's in your budget

SM1065N PTZ Camera Low Light and Day/Night with our IR and Auto Focus

1/4" SONY Super HAD CCD High Resolution : 500TVL- 100x Zoom(10x Optical / 10x Digital)- An angle of direction display- 128 Presets, 8 Swings, 4 Patterns, 8 Groups-Pan/Tilt Maximum Rotating Speed is 360/sec- Electronic Sensitivity-up (DSS)- True Day & Night (ICR), 0.005Lux- Auto Focus, Auto Parking Functions- Automatic Flip Function- Privacy Masking Function- RS-485 Protocol Compatible- 24VAC

SC3000 PTZ Keybord with Joystick

PTZ KEYBOARD WITH LCD DISPLAY AND JOYSTICK 3-AXIS, RECALL UP TO 256 CAMERA, MULTIPLE PROTOCOL SUPPORT IN EACH CHANNEL, RS-485, REMOTE CONTROL UP TO 1.2KM, SUPPORT TO USE UP TO 5 SLAVE CONTROLLER, SUPPORTS USB PORT

Several Mounts available to suite your need

tsd

thanks for your reply

SM1065N PTZ Camera Low Light and Day/Night sound really good except for one thing. The low light specs are listed as .03lux which might not be enough for color night mode

If you think it will do "color night mode " ill give it a shot, otherwise ill look for a camera with Wide Dynamic Range technology ( i read that they do pretty good at low light conditions)

im trying not to have to use IR.

thanks again for your advise

This camera will work and it's in your budget

SM1065N PTZ Camera Low Light and Day/Night with our IR and Auto Focus

1/4" SONY Super HAD CCD High Resolution : 500TVL- 100x Zoom(10x Optical / 10x Digital)- An angle of direction display- 128 Presets, 8 Swings, 4 Patterns, 8 Groups-Pan/Tilt Maximum Rotating Speed is 360/sec- Electronic Sensitivity-up (DSS)- True Day & Night (ICR), 0.005Lux- Auto Focus, Auto Parking Functions- Automatic Flip Function- Privacy Masking Function- RS-485 Protocol Compatible- 24VAC

SC3000 PTZ Keybord with Joystick

PTZ KEYBOARD WITH LCD DISPLAY AND JOYSTICK 3-AXIS, RECALL UP TO 256 CAMERA, MULTIPLE PROTOCOL SUPPORT IN EACH CHANNEL, RS-485, REMOTE CONTROL UP TO 1.2KM, SUPPORT TO USE UP TO 5 SLAVE CONTROLLER, SUPPORTS USB PORT

Several Mounts available to suite your need

otherwise ill look for a camera with Wide Dynamic Range technology ( i read that they do pretty good at low light conditions)

Not saying it isn't so, but where did you read this? Regarding the new Panasonic WV-NW502S, it does have good WDR and good low-light, but not both at the same time. The WDR is used for difficult lighting situations, such as a indoor camera location that must deal with some outdoor light (e.g. window or door) in part of the frame. However, if you want the best low-light night images, then WDR should be disabled, since it costs about one stop in light to perform WDR. So, yes, there are cameras that offer both, but it's probably one or the other, not both at the same time, for optimal results.

Best,

Christopher

otherwise ill look for a camera with Wide Dynamic Range technology ( i read that they do pretty good at low light conditions)

Not saying it isn't so, but where did you read this? Regarding the new Panasonic WV-NW502S, it does have good WDR and good low-light, but not both at the same time. The WDR is used for difficult lighting situations, such as a indoor camera location that must deal with some outdoor light (e.g. window or door) in part of the frame. However, if you want the best low-light night images, then WDR should be disabled, since it costs about one stop in light to perform WDR. So, yes, there are cameras that offer both, but it's probably one or the other, not both at the same time, for optimal results.

Best,

Christopher

Christopher

I guess I misunderstood manufacturers claims about WDR. Your explanaton makes sence. I will investigate further and post back

thanks

Christopher

I guess I misunderstood manufacturers claims about WDR. Your explanaton makes sence. I will investigate further and post back

thanks

Most WDR cameras are not considerd low light cameras ...there is usually a better camera for the job if low light is what you are looking for.

WDR is for situations with alot of glare or backlighting.

Christopher

thanks

Most WDR cameras are not considerd low light cameras ...there is usually a better camera for the job if low light is what you are looking for.

WDR is for situations with alot of glare or backlighting.

Got it. I think tsd's suggestion sounds good overall Ill give that a shot

thanks all for your help