elsupremo

16 Channel 4CIF/D1 DVR's @ 480

Hi guys,

I am looking for a good DVR with 16 channel, 4CIF/D1 @ 480 fps recording & playback. I have searched through this forum like crazy, and followed up on some previous recommendations, but a lot of the DVR's do only 120 fps @ D1 or have some other spec deficit.

I'm strongly considering the Intellicam JS-RTA-D1 because it seems to have the specs I'm looking, plus it is h.264 which is a benefit, and at least one installer on here thinks a lot of the brand.

I'm also considering the O series dvr from knycctv (recommended by my installer)

I tried out their CIF DVR (E series) and it was decent, and the O series specs look strong.

I have seen some recommendations of AVTECH, Avermedia, and AOPVision. Out of those three, AOPVision was the only one that looked like it had the right specs, but the software looks too "budget" and not primarily designed for English-speaking users...

Are there any other popular brands that I should check out? Any other DVR's matching my specs that I should be aware of?

Lastly, I'm primarily a Mac user, although I do know Windows very well. It would be very nice to have a web-view option through Firefox or Safari so I could view it on a Mac. I realize 99% of the DVR's do not have this (neither of my primary contenders have it), but if there were one with the right specs and this compatibility (Java/Flash-based instead of ActiveX), I would be very happy.

Thank you in advance for any experienced recommendations. Just trying to make sure I know all the options before pulling the trigger.

if you are passing dvrs like avertech and avermedia which both have the spec you need. then you must have a bigger budget. i had this demo video sent to me last week from dm. also looks very good.

The best Avermedia product looks like it only does 280 fps at 4CIF/D1, I'm looking for 480 fps at 4CIF/D1 for full real time on all my cameras. The AVTech product looks worse even with only 120 fps at 4CIF. That's why I said they didn't have the right specs.

The Intellicam and the knycctv DVR both say they do 480 fps at 4CIF/D1.

The Intellicam D1 DVR will record in D1 real-time at 30fps. Hands down!! A nice DVR. Yes, it only favors IE though. Also the D1 and the JS RTA has a sub stream feature so if you are recording at a full 30fps in D1, you can stream at a lesser rate. Trying to stream, especially all channels at that rate will slow things down ( Internet viewing ). You may want to insure the other DVR has this feature especially if you want to view all cams at the same time. The sub stream can be set for CIF at any frame rate you wish.

The best Avermedia product looks like it only does 280 fps at 4CIF/D1, I'm looking for 480 fps at 4CIF/D1 for full real time on all my cameras. The AVTech product looks worse even with only 120 fps at 4CIF. That's why I said they didn't have the right specs.

The Intellicam and the knycctv DVR both say they do 480 fps at 4CIF/D1.

aver have the best system on the market with this ...full d1 480fps the sa9000 pro

2009020315211827.jpg

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?Id=147&Tab=Specification

Hi guys,

I am looking for a good DVR with 16 channel, 4CIF/D1 @ 480 fps recording & playback. I have searched through this forum like crazy, and followed up on some previous recommendations, but a lot of the DVR's do only 120 fps @ D1 or have some other spec deficit.

I'm strongly considering the Intellicam JS-RTA-D1 because it seems to have the specs I'm looking, plus it is h.264 which is a benefit, and at least one installer on here thinks a lot of the brand.

I'm also considering the O series dvr from knycctv (recommended by my installer)

I tried out their CIF DVR (E series) and it was decent, and the O series specs look strong.

I have seen some recommendations of AVTECH, Avermedia, and AOPVision. Out of those three, AOPVision was the only one that looked like it had the right specs, but the software looks too "budget" and not primarily designed for English-speaking users...

Are there any other popular brands that I should check out? Any other DVR's matching my specs that I should be aware of?

Lastly, I'm primarily a Mac user, although I do know Windows very well. It would be very nice to have a web-view option through Firefox or Safari so I could view it on a Mac. I realize 99% of the DVR's do not have this (neither of my primary contenders have it), but if there were one with the right specs and this compatibility (Java/Flash-based instead of ActiveX), I would be very happy.

Thank you in advance for any experienced recommendations. Just trying to make sure I know all the options before pulling the trigger.

Hello, there.

Have you contacted anyone from AOPVISION before??

Which model did you mean matching your spec.?

Do you mean "3316HC" ??

3300(3507)GUI.JPG.25c28c7a892d87d57cf5c8fedd3bc768.JPG

Thanks for your replies guys.

Shoreview - Thanks for the heads up about the substream feature...sounds useful for reviewing a lot of footage.

Tomcctv - I stand corrected. I did not look at their Windows-based DVR's before, but the SA9000 Pro does have the specs I need. However, my experience with Windows is that it is a leaky OS (memory-wise) and not stable enough for this application. Do you or anyone else have experience with this product and how does the OS on it perform?

Thomasy - No, I did not contact anyone from AOPVision. It looks like both the AOP-1600 and the AOP-3016HD have the specs that match my needs. However, like I said, the GUI looks primitive and not primarily designed for English-speaking users. Something with a little more refinement would be preferable.

Just did some look around and it looks like the Avermedia SA9000E is over double the cost of what I can get the JS-16RTA-D1. Doesn't sound very cost-effective for my situation, so right now the Intellicam has my vote.

If there are any other options I should be aware of, please let me know. Thanks again.

If there are any other options I should be aware of, please let me know. Thanks again.

If you are selecting a vendor based on price and data sheet, make sure the vendors can actually deliver what they claim on the data sheet. It costs very little in ink for a marketing department to say this or that in a data sheet.

Best,

Christopher