sincity

LiveVue Geo 1.2

Hi, as listed on the website:

Development and activation has been discontinued on both of the above versions. Activation and support is only offered for existing clients.

But I will email you later today with some further information.

Thanks,

Rory

Hi Rich, no, not 1.2 anyway. Geo changed everything with the 8.3 activeX control. It has to be changed alot.

Rory

[edit. see posts below, it actually does work with 8.32 and above, 8.30 was the only version it did not work with, as far as I know]

Hi Rory

I typed in the wrong email address, it should have been XXXXXXXXXXXXXsincity77@live.comXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please re-send the information if possible thanks in advance!

Hi, as listed on the website:

Development and activation has been discontinued on both of the above versions. Activation and support is only offered for existing clients.

But I will email you later today with some further information.

Thanks,

Rory

The 8320 activeX is so huge and heavy .. hard to work with and horribly slow when trying to load even just 16 of them. going to see if the first 8.3 activeX is any lighter .. but meanwhile ... I just checked Geovision's webcam server and it works in LiveVue (using the older 7.0 activeX - which is much lighter) ... they have 8320 on their server so Im wondering if anyone else has 8320 servers they can test with LiveVue to see if they work also?

Hi Rory, thanks for the PM, I am working now with 8320 servers with livevue, and it works great! let me know if you need any more info thanks

The 8320 activeX is so huge and heavy .. hard to work with and horribly slow when trying to load even just 16 of them. going to see if the first 8.3 activeX is any lighter .. but meanwhile ... I just checked Geovision's webcam server and it works in LiveVue (using the older 7.0 activeX - which is much lighter) ... they have 8320 on their server so Im wondering if anyone else has 8320 servers they can test with LiveVue to see if they work also?

Hi Rory, thanks for the PM, I am working now with 8320 servers with livevue, and it works great! let me know if you need any more info thanks

Thats great news. It seems they fixed that "bug" then, I guess for their own apps as well.

Hi Rory! I also have tested your livevue (new version Geo83) with Ver8320 and it was working properly also. If you need a site for testing, please pm me.

I even tried to used the older livevue version to test server with Ver8320 (my site) and it worked. I was able to change it to lower quality and the frame rate looked faster (based on one camera only). I was able to open two windows (same VER8320 server) of the same camera using with SimpleVueGeo and the other one with SimpleVueGeo83. But the SimpleVueGeo will stop ("Connect to server" sign) after a while compare to SimpleVueGeo83, the camera output keeps on working properly. Maybe because of the active x program.

I had emailed Mr. Andy Chen of Geovision Taiwan complaining of their Multiview 8.32 software but was informed that it is a bit faster than 8.31 (but was not up to par with 8.12). They removed the "change to lower quality" from the Mulitiview 8.12 and put the lower resolution instead in 8.32 (it degraded the quality so much that I do not want to lower the resolution anymore). Is it possible for you to add the "change to lower qualtiy" in your new LiveVue to make the frame rate faster?

Rory, there was a time that I accidentaly moved the SimpleVueGeo application to the desktop (instead of making a shortcut) and tried to open it from the desktop . It said "Cant connect to server". I tried to put it back to its folder again but it will not work anymore. What are the steps to do in order to be able have the simplevue geo work again for the computer aside from formatting the hardrive? What data needs to be deleted from the computer to make a reset?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jong

I take it you mean SimpleVue 8.3 and not LiveVue?

Also, you can change the quality in both SimpleVue versions inside the INI file.

As for moving the app, you should be able to just run it from anywhere. Make sure the INI settings file is in the same path though. If using Vista or Win7 run in XP compatibility mode, just incase.

Rory

Hi Rory! Sorry for the mistake. I mean SimpleVue and not LiveVue.

I had already changes the setting of SimpleVue83 to low quality but there was not much change (in terms of faster frames) compared to when the server is using Geo Version 8.12.

Geo Version 8.12 runs smoother. One advantage of Geo 8.3 is that it works with new Nokia cellphone (not sure of other cellphone) without installing and downloading the SSView anymore.

My concern is that when old clients want to have additioonal sites and will be using the high end cards like GV-1480., I have to install the new version 8320 multiview for them to view. All the ver 8.12 server will have to adapt the new 8320 multiview software for viewing and it will make the frame rates slower which I think my customer will notice the difference (in the speed of remote viewing). I do hope that Geovision will bring back the "Low quality" settings in there next version.

I do hope that your new livevue can help in analyzing for each camera if they are using the version 8.12 or 8.32 so that we can maximize the faster frame rate that we want for remote viewing.

Keep up the good work. Happy New Year to ALL!!!

Hi, Also change the Bandwidth to MODEM if you havent already. When using LAN it will be slightly higher quality but will be slower.

Yeah, I went back to 8300 ActiveX and it actually has some of the features that 8320 is missing, and is a little less heavy, but it is still twice as slow loading as 7000. I do notice once loaded 8300 handles the video from 8.12 and 8.32 servers much better, but then it comes with a price - alot of memory.

So .. still working on that, for LiveVue that is.

Rory

Hi! I just changed from LAN to MODEM and it is faster a bit. Thanks.

By the way, I just tested your Beta Internet Explorer "LiveVue" and the 4 channel and 9 channel are working properly. For the 16 channel, I am getting an error message. Maybe you are not finish with the program yet. The program woked with 8120 server and 8320 server.

Oh yeah I forgot to add, it will be free. Not sure how yet but will add some ads in it .. will see .. i aim to make it free but I still need to make some money to live off while creating it .. people that paid for the old version will get first priority and it is carried over.

"Hi Rich, no, not 1.2 anyway. Geo changed everything with the 8.3 activeX control. It has to be changed alot.

Rory"

Hi Rory

I was wondering if you know this:

Im thinking of upgrading my systems to the 8.32 version cards and would like to find out if

"view commander mobile" will be able to display the video from the 8.32 version

I didnt think about it until you mentioned that Geovision has changed their activex control and im glad I haven't purchased anything yet

I know that I can always use Gview but it's definitely a very crude program that doesnt have a good UI and also doesnt support other cameras

if youre not familiar with view commander mobile, here is their web page: http://www.ivimg.com/products/vcmobile.htm

Also does anyone know of another program similar to viewcommander mobile that supports multiple camera manufacturers and ip cams?

thank you

Hi Spiro.

Sorry I have never used that program, though by the looks of it, it is for IP cameras only, so perhaps it will connect to the Geovision IP Video Servers and IP cameras, but probably not the DVR.

Also, Ive never used any form of Mobile software for Geovision, to be honest the mobile transmission technology down here is far behind that of the US and other countries. In fact I dont even use a cell phone anymore, but thats for other reasons.

Back to Geo, 8.32 release fixed the ActiveX bug that I had originally mentioned, I can now use the 7.0 ActiveX with 8.32 and above, and 8.2 and lower. Why would I want to use the 7.0 ActiveX?? Same or better quality, but more importantly, it is so much lighter. For example it could be a difference of 2-3 seconds per control to open up, compared to the 7.0, so when you have 16-64 controls (one per camera, is how Geo works), thats a big delay. Only way around it would be for one to use the SDK Geo supplies to create their own webcam Server installed on the DVR, but that is just not feasible.

This ofcourse is for the DVRs, the IP cameras operate different.

Sorry if I went off topic, I just wanted to clear that up as well.

Rory

thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my late one:)

"view commander mobile" is a very good product (ive been using it for about 5 years) that supports a lot of ip cameras and also "camera systems" such as Geovision.

Here in the northeast US we have 3G coverage and im able to get about 1-2 frames every 2 seconds on my phone on that program which helps me determine the course of action to take when there is an alarm

I called my friend y-day who has an 8.32 version system and verified that I couldnt view the video on view commander but i can on Gview (at about 2frames per second on 9 cameras simultaneously!!!)

On Geovision systems up to 7.05 i was able to just put the address and the http port but on 8.32 it has a separate "mobile" interface and a different port

i tried both but ...no love

PS before you ask....yes I opened the other port on the router as well

if you have any thoughts on it id like to hear what you have to say when you get time

thanks again!

Dear Rory

I have been testing your beta internet explorer "LiveVue" for a while already and it has been great.

When I tried to change the ports (i.e. 4570, 5570 and 6570 instead of the regular 4550, 5550 and 6550) of the video server, how come I can not view the video anymore using your beta "internet explorer Livevue" (even if I changed the port in your program already.) I am just getting a "connect to server" icon.

I changed the port because I had 2 video servers in one area and need to change the other one. Hope that you can check this out and test for me.

By the way, keep up the good work as you are able to help us users to have alternatives in remote viewing. I am waiting for your new version of the LiveVue to come out soon.

Thanks!

Dear Rory,

I 'm new on that forum. After several hour of search on Google I found your good software LiveVue 1.2 and it work perfectly with Geovision 8.3.3, it's the only software that work on my little Dell Netbook at a resolution of 1024x600. I try to send you a message by your site but apparently that does'nt work, i would like to say if it's still possible to register that wonderful software .

Thank's

rogman64

xxxxxxrogman@infopj.comxxxxxx

Update:

Still working on it, okay been away from it for a bit but back at it again.

Here is a sample video recorded of my screen while testing the new LiveVue GUI which is still under development. I will put more up as I update the code and add more features.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/LVGDevEg.avi (24mb, 1360x768)

no remote video, just a GUI example.

BTW I now have it successfully working with both Geo DVRs and Axis (via mjpeg, eg http://10.10.10.10/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi). I would like to venture more into the IP camera/server area as time goes on, but for now it will just be Geo and Axis. If I dont completely finish the Axis part in time, eg all methods and events, then it would just be Geo for now. To view a screenshot of the Geo and Axis connected together download the following winrar archived image, pm me for password: http://www.bahamassecurity.com/lvgGeoAxisEG.rar

Still to do:

1-add in settings section, will be using INI files, no database

2-fix a drag drop bug

3-add in basic features like record and save image

4-add in all necessary geo and axis events and methods (have all the geo code already)

5-add in audio and ptz support (may leave out until i release the beta)

6-clean up the code ... ofcourse.

basically will have all sites, groups (for multi site) and general settings in INI files under a folder. This folder will allow easy export and import into other computers. No more activation.

As it will support 64 cameras/sites .. that can get heavy .. the Geo's activeX contains alot of code and objects of its own .. in my app each camera is an activeX control, just like with Multiview. On a P4 3.2 Ghz old PC (my development machine) it can take some time to load 64 controls. Basically I have it only load what it needs to, so if you connect to 16 cameras/sites then thats all it will load. 64 does load on this PC but it is pushing it. Not to mention after about 32 cameras or so my cable modem locks up ... sometimes. that happens here with torrents also, not just me. I guess if you will do over 32 cameras then just need to know you need a good fast PC and alot of bandwidth. This new program is actually lighter and faster then previous versions. I use graphic buttons with skins but I will add an option to disable that, probably just by removing or moving the skin folder, then it will cut down on some more memory. And ofcourse this will be optimized for netbooks .. but will work on all PCs. In fact there will be a feature that lets you create your own custom screen size.

Additionally there will be a couple versions of this, as I have done recently with another app I wrote:

1-A second EXE - this would be called for example, LiveVue2.exe. This is the full screen app, such as used with a shell other then explorer. Would also have shutdown and command prompt buttons (eg. http://www.bahamassecurity.com/tmp/vboxdvrshell3.jpg)

1-Standard Installer - installs everything on the users computer.

2-Single File - self-extracting exe, extracts to the temp folder, runs the app, then removes on exit. Contains the file dependencies in the path, including vbruntime files. Can add auto load and connect into it and password protect the archive. Can also use INI files and skins in the path of the self-extracting exe, to override the archive's files.

3-Folder - contains the file dependencies in the folder path along with the LiveVue exe, including vbruntime files. No install or copying, generally just works. May have issues on some machines.

4-Virtual Box - a setup geared towards running the app as a shell in a virtual box machine - so it works on Mac and Linux. Set it up on another computer such as a Windows XP one, then you can just import the virtual machine into Virtual Box on mac or linux. Already tested with another shell app, works great, no driver issues at all using Fusion on the latest Mac OS. Guest OS would be XP stripped down and tweaked, and user supplies the OS. Another option I am still looking at is a BartPe setup, using just an ISO within Virtual Box, first I need to overcome the network and video driver issue though.

Thats it for now.

Loading .. after hit connect. .

LVGnewEgLoad.jpg

Another skin .. ok nothing fancy .. want it fast, by the way for anyone reading that has not used my app before the extra space at the bottom is for dragging or resetting the window.

LVGnewEgSkin.jpg

Will do .. added a couple screen shots above ..

Im really happy with the display speed now .. when using it set to lowest quality .. had issues in the past with slow site connections even set to low quality, but this flies now ..refresh rate on a slow 16 cam connection is fast now .. even when resizing the window manually. I had some code from before I was working on that did an auto speed adjustment which is basically if the bandwidth gets low then it adjusts to lower quality and bandwidth for faster video .. will be adding that in as soon as I get the site and group section done.

Shows CPU usage at 2% with 16 cameras on a P4 3.0 Ghz (not 3.2 like I said before, I was mistaken)

video blurred in my image editor for security reasons ... it jumps between 2 and 6 %

LVGP4CPUEG.jpg

still working on it .. doing the site and group tools now .. once that is done then I can work on the events and extra methods and hopefully at that time get a beta out there for you to try.

meanwhile also adding in features as I think of them ..

Such as .. one I added in yesterday was "Custom Windows" .. a settings.ini file contains the custom windows such as 720x480, 800x480, etc. which go into the drop down when the program loads, one can just add their own window sizes there or edit the existing ones ... OR the user can manually just enter it into the drop down and hit enter to change to the size they enter .. eg if they enter 10x10 it wont do anything as it needs to be 100x100 or higher .. but it lets them resize it on the fly to a set size within the app without using the settings file. Just another feature I wanted for myself so I added it in

Latest is ...

Single Window Popout (like Divx Windowed Mode) .. double clicking on OSD opens the camera's video into its own window with additional tools such as to change quality, resolution, etc. This will probably be where i put in super high res, like whatever the max quality/res setting is on the DVR webcam (eg. 640x480/720x480), then set all the other cameras to lowest quality while its in that mode, or give that as an option in there. Im currently testing all this connected to 49 cameras/sites, a mixture of Geo DVRs and alot of Axis Cameras (Mjpeg), and a couple Acti cameras. Also in this window one can resize manually with the mouse or make it maximized. I guess if I had multiple monitors at some point then I could add that option in there to move the window to that, as well as do that for a type of digital matrix for the other cameras as well, options are endless. Below example without any live video just as a sample, but it works the same with the live video. The Axis Mjpeg ActiveX beats the others though, it is so light and fast to display but the video frames can be very slow, especially as in some cases it is megapixel. In fact I think using mostly Axis I could get away with a 100+ multiview.

example double click cam 7's OSD (no video for sample or I have to blur it for security)

BTW the OSD names change when it connects, uses the DVRs camera name in the case of Geo or the IP/DDNS name in the case of Axis and Acti.

popout1.jpg

then manually resizing that window with the mouse. .

popout2.jpg

Looks like an excellent program and can't wait to see the final product. Somrthing Geovision should have had out there if they listened to all their customers!

Great work, Rory.