ginogag

desktop problems

would anyone know why my host computer with my capture card installed keeps logging off everyday.Everytime i log on to remote viewer with my laptop first thing in the morning , i have to go to desktop and log on .....everyday. I played around with hibernation settings, power settings, etc........error message is ..THE SYSTEM COULD NOT LOG YOU ON....MAKE SURE USERNAME AND PASSWORD ARE CORRECT.......behind that window there is another window with my windows username and password which is all in dots......never had this problem until i installed this dvr system.Do you know what settings i would have to go to on my computer thanks ...happy holidays

check the username or password that is set to auto login.

if it is incorrect then it wont login.

disable hibernation altogether.

turn power settings to always on.

Sometimes DVR software requires the new netframework updates. If that is what yours needed, after the install and restart windows SP3 username and password tripped out. This is assuming you use windows and SP3 and DVR software.

I had that issue with Avermedia DVR after install, but was able to get in and Google "turn off password SP3" and turned it off straight away.

Good Luck!

resolved issue .....googled it and got great answer ,worked right away......went into some window settings and and changed something.....it was above my pay grade ,but somehow got it done ....thanks for the help guys ......

you remember that link? I've got a similar problem with a netbook of mine... the darn thing won't retain any power/ sleep settings. Even if I create a new power settings profile. It will save the profile until I reboot a couple times, then disappears. B/c of this it keeps going to sleep after X minutes of inactivity. very annoying as I like to leave it running for various aps.

happens regardless of being plugged into the wall for power or running battery. screen saver is disabled.

It's running Vista Basic.

i did it for a desktop running windows xp ,but im sure you can do it with vista , google windows auto log on and you might get something .In an hour or 2 i will go to my desktop to see what i typed in and give you a better answer.Its actually one of those administrator settings (i think) somewhere you have to type in your name and passwords but i will let you know....MEANWHILE Google windows auto logon vista ....u might get something ,give me a few hours

well i tried looking for the exact place i foumd it but....no luck ,but like i said just google your problem and you should get results..........soumds like you want to google DISABLE VISTA LOG ON SCREEN .....my prob was every morning my pc based dvr was getting disconnected so i was not able to remote view, and everymorning i had to restart my computer . i would get that windows log on screen with userid and password every morning . I googled it and did something in administative setttings ,,dont remember what.........anyway good luck

Well in XP you goto users and select to use the Welcome screen, that gets rid of the old NT login box. if It is more then one user, then select your user account as the default login, you can goto the registry and do it, or use tweakui. Registry it will be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

See this for the info on that.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

Not sure if this is the problem you are having. If you can explain it a little better maybe we can help.

If its not remembering the settings, then thats normally something else.

What type of netbook, was it a default OS install or custom?

If its running some kind of RAM DISK then when the system restarts whatever is in that will be lost. Not sure if they have it setup like that. Or you are in Guest mode? If you are a user, not sure if Vista will allow those settings to be saved?

you remember that link? I've got a similar problem with a netbook of mine... the darn thing won't retain any power/ sleep settings. Even if I create a new power settings profile. It will save the profile until I reboot a couple times, then disappears. B/c of this it keeps going to sleep after X minutes of inactivity. very annoying as I like to leave it running for various aps.

happens regardless of being plugged into the wall for power or running battery. screen saver is disabled.

It's running Vista Basic.

Don't think that's a similar problem, or anywhere near similar. Sounds almost like a corrupted user profile - depending on the laptop and what software is provided for power management, sounds like it probably stores the various power profiles within the user account (which would allow multiple users to have their own customized power profiles).

You could test that by creating a new user account and setting that one to auto-login and see if it retains the settings through multiple reboots. If it turns out to be the case, copy over your important data from your old profile (Desktop, My Documents, Favorites, etc.) and delete the old profile.