rory

4ch DVR, D1 Live+Record ALL ch, Dual Stream Network?

post any info on a DVR like this please, no big brands like bosch or GE, strictly affordable DVRs - no store links please.

>> 4-CH DVR

>> FULL D1 Live Video

>> FULL D1 Recording on ALL Channels

>> Separate network server with adjustable settings that dont effect the recorded/live local video

>> Completed and usable STABLE Network software and ActiveX

>> Backup to AVI

Lets face it, we can grab a Geo or other DVR card and a cheap $200 PC and wham you have a PC DVR that can do all of this and then some ... BUT in many cases a PC DVR cannot be used due to certain restrictions, eg. overheating in harsh environments, viruses, etc ... software like Geovision 8.3 is demanding much faster CPU and more memory, and the size of that PC to be able to withstand any kind of temperature issues outside of a cooled environment ... thats where a simple stand alone embedded DVR comes in handy ... plus it is basically plug and play. 4 channel embedded DVRs are just what most need, a small unit that can fit on a shelf in a tight spot, thats when we have to leave the PC DVR on the side and go with one of these more featureless systems.

Many of these 4 channel DVRs today though have alot of issues associated with them. Most only record in CIF, some do 1 channel D1 and the rest in CIF but then have major issues with streaming all 4 cameras on the network. Then some of the higher quality ones dont have separate streams or adjustable bandwidth so the remote video would be clear but slow and in many cases unusable on slower connections such as DSL (128k upload here).

If you have found something that works good please post some info on it. if you are unsure PM me and I will check it out first. If you have a problem with anything I said, go ahead and speak your mind.

Thanks.

640x480 or 720x480 .. is fine.

any frame rate .. eg. 5fps+

most 4 channel "affordable DVR" users arent watching vehicular traffic so frame rate will normally be a last thought on these.

thanks.

I use Samsung Techwin DVRS. Fantastic value for money. I use the SVR 960 and the 1680. All DVRs they do are D1 at 25FPS on every channel, with audio for every channel. E-SATA so you can add an external RAID. Upto 4 SATA drives internally. We even convert them to 12 volt internally so we can use them in vehicles.

Intuitive OS, easy to use by buttons, remote or mouse. Very easy to setup for network use.

For the 1680, we pay about £1500. This is the 16x16 channel version. They do it in 4, 9, 16 and 32