sf1964

Are these cameras suitable for a bar situation?

KG 230EX

KG 830EX

GN-605D/N

KPC-SLL 650BH

After much research,l have come up with these cameras as my main choices,which one would be a better camera out of all of these.l have a lot of tvs giving off varied light surrounding the room,l would also like a nice wide angle view ie 2.8mm.Any feedback regarding these choices would be great.

The 230EX, if it is from cctvwholesalers.com is no longer available. The 832EX is a great camera but with a 2.8mm lens you will not get a great picture if you are looking to cover the entire bar based on the dimensions you gave in your last topic just because you will be trying to cover too large an area witha single camera. Go with 4-6 of them and you will be smiling.

KG 230EX

KG 830EX

GN-605D/N

KPC-SLL 650BH

After much research,l have come up with these cameras as my main choices,which one would be a better camera out of all of these.l have a lot of tvs giving off varied light surrounding the room,l would also like a nice wide angle view ie 2.8mm.Any feedback regarding these choices would be great.

Hi sf1964.

night clubs and bars with low light and also with so many flashing lights. is very hard to set up. i did a 32 camera system in a club. it was dark with black floors walls. before the install i tried lots of cameras ir/true daynight. and each had there problems. but i did find a camera i had total control over. and the picture quality was very good.

[edit by mod-store link removed]

I just purchased a CNB-D2815NVF. I’ve had it on bench test for 7 days now and I’m very impressed with the camera so far. The DSS was a concern at first. However, you can turn the DSS off, eliminating any smearing from movement. Like tomcctv said, you have total control over the functions which enhances environmental solutions. This camera is going on location shortly. I’ll give an update when the camera is in place.

Ive been using cheap BW bullets in the clubs for years, work well, yes even on the dance floor with all the light effects.Once you get a fixed bullet camera at any lens, you can buy some fixed board lenses and experiment if you like, they are easy to switch out. I would suggest a nice clear CCTV monitor or a Focus meter though, or failing that at least a 15" LCD, to focus them with if you do change the lens - the small 5-7" LCDs are useless for focusing.

For the record ive had the worst results with Color IR bullets.

Ive also tried Color bullets and Color domes but they just dont produce as good an image under that low lighting as does even the cheapest BW bullet.

The 230EX, if it is from cctvwholesalers.com is no longer available. The 832EX is a great camera but with a 2.8mm lens you will not get a great picture if you are looking to cover the entire bar based on the dimensions you gave in your last topic just because you will be trying to cover too large an area witha single camera. Go with 4-6 of them and you will be smiling.

thanks wrs- l am not trying to cover all the bar,but be able to have the flexibility to have a wider view to watch a general area if needed.

I just purchased a CNB-D2815NVF. I’ve had it on bench test for 7 days now and I’m very impressed with the camera so far. The DSS was a concern at first. However, you can turn the DSS off, eliminating any smearing from movement. Like tomcctv said, you have total control over the functions which enhances environmental solutions. This camera is going on location shortly. I’ll give an update when the camera is in place.

Keep me updated it has higher resolution than the 830ex.

I’m sorry for confusing the issue here. Tomcctv mentioned the CNB camera and I had just purchased one. I found it to be a very good camera for my situation. His description of the settings were right on. Nevertheless, for a bar situation, I don’t think a day night camera would be the best choice. Depending on the lighting, wouldn’t it be on B/W all the time or in color all the time? The day night may even switch back and forth. Personally, I think B/W would be the best choice. B/W cameras provide better picture quality in lower light levels. I might put color cameras in normal or well lit exits, entrances or hallways to identify clothing color. For sure I’d put a good day night to cover parking lots. As for DSS, I find that it’s totally useless. Slow shutter speed may have its place in regular photography but not in CCTV. The local bar I dealt with uses what I described above and it works very well.

I’m sorry for confusing the issue here. Tomcctv mentioned the CNB camera and I had just purchased one. I found it to be a very good camera for my situation. His description of the settings were right on. Nevertheless, for a bar situation, I don’t think a day night camera would be the best choice. Depending on the lighting, wouldn’t it be on B/W all the time or in color all the time? The day night may even switch back and forth. Personally, I think B/W would be the best choice. B/W cameras provide better picture quality in lower light levels. I might put color cameras in normal or well lit exits, entrances or hallways to identify clothing color. For sure I’d put a good day night to cover parking lots. As for DSS, I find that it’s totally useless. Slow shutter speed may have its place in regular photography but not in CCTV. The local bar I dealt with uses what I described above and it works very well.

Hi metal shaper man. yes you are right. what i forgot to say was. the cnb has the option to keep /b/w or to go true day night or stay colour. so one camera with gives you a wide option in placing the camera. also yes it has dss that can also be turned on and off and it does slow down a little which make it ideal for around tvs/ monitors/fruit machines and fast flashing lights.

oh yes as mentioned, color cameras normally placed in well lit areas such as the entrance and the car park. Depends if they have enough light.