pk-232

Suggestions For A Driveway Camera ??

I am in need of some assistance. My mother lives alone and the attached garage is between the house and street so that she cannot see the driveway from any windows. I would like to install a CCTV of some sort so she can see the driveway remotely. So far I have ruled out wireless. From what I have read wireless might add a little flexibility but it also adds expense while only detracting from the picture quality. I would rather go through the trouble of running wire to have a better image. I have also ruled out using a computer (there is none) or the TV. The TV to be useful means it would already have to be on, and if it is on and being used, it would also add another layer of complexity to switch signal sources.

I guess what I am looking for an is external wired analog camera that can withstand rain and snow and and a dedicated 8" monitor. I have spent literally hours looking at possible camera possibilities and each time I think I find a camera that looks good from examining the specifications, reviews by users say performance is considerably less than stellar and they are disappointed. It also seems price is not always an indicator of performance. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good combination of a monitor and a single wired external camera that will withstand all kinds of weather and deliver a reasonably good image? As always, price has to be a consideration and I would like lo stay under $500 total for both pieces, but that is not chiseled in stone.

These are some Camera I would suggest

CNB Technology B2760N 530 TV Lines Day / Night with 34 IR LED (better view in darkness if want to see far)

CNB B2760NVF 530 TV Lines IR Day / Night with 18 IR LED Veri-Focal 3.8~9.5mm Lens (good if want to focus or cover particular area)

CNB B1750N4.3 380 TV Lines IR Day / Night with IR LED (better price if using TV Monitor you won’t see much of a difference in high price camera too)

CNB G1315NF Professional Camera 550 TV Lines true Day Night with ICR II excellent quality in very low light dual voltage, can use lens of your choice

IP 1.3 Mega Pixel Camera IR Day / Night IR LED, Veri-Focal, ICR, CCD Progressive Scan (If want better quality have to connect to a PC)

CNB Technology B2760N 530 TV Lines Day / Night with 34 IR LED (better view in darkness if want to see far)

CNB B2760NVF 530 TV Lines IR Day / Night with 18 IR LED Veri-Focal 3.8~9.5mm Lens (good if want to focus or cover particular area)

Thanks for replying.

I have gone to the CNB web site and a few other sites and cannot find much information or even a user manual on the B2760N and B2760VNF. Based on this I have find I have more questions.

On the B2760VNF, how do you adjust the focal length? I assume it is done manually at the camera at the time of installation for the field of view you want. Is that correct?

I do not see a temperature specification but I did find in the manual for the B2310N that its temperature range is -10C to 50C (14F to 122F). I assume the same range would apply to the B2760N since they are very similar. Our nights can be much colder.

What happens if the low temperature spec is exceeded while the unit is under power? Does it malfunction during the period the low temperature limit is exceeded but returns to normal when the temperature rises, or is it permanently damaged.

Along those same lines, in some pictures the housing looks black and in others silver. If it is black, I could easily see the internal temperature of the camera exceeding 122F in normal use outside in the sun during the summer. Again I would ask, what happens if the temperature limit is exceeded while the unit is under power. Permanent change or temporary change?

I could find nothing on “What is in the boxâ€

Thanks for replying.

I have gone to the CNB web site and a few other sites and cannot find much information or even a user manual on the B2760N and B2760VNF. Based on this I have find I have more questions.

On the B2760VNF, how do you adjust the focal length? I assume it is done manually at the camera at the time of installation for the field of view you want. Is that correct?

Correct. The lens will have two rings on it, one for focal length, and one for focus. Adjust the two to get the view you want and get it in focus, then lock them down with the embedded locking screws.

I do not see a temperature specification but I did find in the manual for the B2310N that its temperature range is -10C to 50C (14F to 122F). I assume the same range would apply to the B2760N since they are very similar. Our nights can be much colder.

I don't know about THOSE cameras specifically, but with CNB domes we've used, there are models that have internal heaters. You might look into something like that.

I could find nothing on “What is in the boxâ€

You may also want to take a look at the this camera. I have it installed in my backyard and it does a pretty good job at night with little to no light.

Nuvico - Bullet Style

CB-HD21N-L

Bullet Camera

• 1/3" CCD Sensor

• 550 TV Lines

• 2.8~10mm Vari-focal Lens

• Day/Night

• 36 IR LEDs

• 12VDC/24VAC Dual Voltage

You may also want to take a look at the this camera. I have it installed in my backyard and it does a pretty good job at night with little to no light.

Nuvico - Bullet Style

CB-HD21N-L

Bullet Camera

• 1/3" CCD Sensor

• 550 TV Lines

• 2.8~10mm Vari-focal Lens

• Day/Night

• 36 IR LEDs

• 12VDC/24VAC Dual Voltage

Thanks, but this camera suffers from worse temperature restrictions then the B2760N and it would appear it is not meant for outside use. The manual says in part "Servicing is required when the equipment has been damaged in any way, such as ..... the equipment has been exposed to rain or moisture" and the spec has a limit of 90% relative humidity. I also do not see an IP-66/67 rating.

I would still like to know what happens if the temperature range specified for a CCTV camera is exceeded at the high or low end while under power. Do CCTV cameras stop operating as they should but return to normal when the temperature is again within limits, or is there permanent damage?

My gut feel is that if you go much over at the high end there might be permanent damage but if the low temperature is exceeded there would be none. That is strictly a guess however, and an uneducated guess at that. Anyone have any experience with this?

I emailed CNB Technology Tecnical support team to shade more light on B2760N camera regarding your concerns about temperature condition and this what they have to say

==============================================

Even though the spec. says between -5 degrees centigrade to 45 degrees centigrade or so, the camera can actually endure a lot more than that depending on the circumstances. It is hard to determine operating conditions of the cameras based on the weather conditions, since there are so many factors such as shade, direct sunlight, humidity, and how long the camera is exposed to that particular condition.

In general, it is rare that the camera gets a permanent damage out of temporary exposure to extreme weather condition, meaning that it will work intermittently until the weather condition goes back to normal

================================================

Keep in mind that even without a heater, the camera is generating heat of its own, especially when the LEDs are on... that heat will be somewhat contained inside the housing, so the camera itself won't generally be as cold as the ambient temperature.

I am in need of some assistance. My mother lives alone and the attached garage is between the house and street so that she cannot see the driveway from any windows. I would like to install a CCTV of some sort so she can see the driveway remotely. So far I have ruled out wireless. From what I have read wireless might add a little flexibility but it also adds expense while only detracting from the picture quality. I would rather go through the trouble of running wire to have a better image. I have also ruled out using a computer (there is none) or the TV. The TV to be useful means it would already have to be on, and if it is on and being used, it would also add another layer of complexity to switch signal sources.

I guess what I am looking for an is external wired analog camera that can withstand rain and snow and and a dedicated 8" monitor. I have spent literally hours looking at possible camera possibilities and each time I think I find a camera that looks good from examining the specifications, reviews by users say performance is considerably less than stellar and they are disappointed. It also seems price is not always an indicator of performance. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good combination of a monitor and a single wired external camera that will withstand all kinds of weather and deliver a reasonably good image? As always, price has to be a consideration and I would like lo stay under $500 total for both pieces, but that is not chiseled in stone.

For driveway, The weatherproof vari-focal outdoor bullet....

For driveway, The weatherproof vari-focal outdoor bullet....

Looks like temperature won't be too big an issue. I think I will give the CNB B2760NVF a try since IP65 should offer protection against rain and snow. After all, it is only money Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, and in particular to tsd for contacting CNB.

The minimum driveway security system in our professional opinion would consist of a GeoVision 650 PC based DVR along with a 17" LCD and a single Bullet Camera. The details of even the most basic system can vary greatly but the above hardware is an entry level shipping list to get the the job done right.

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />