harry2k09

IP cam and analog audio ?

I was wondering if it is possible to use an IP-Cam together with an analog audio input on a NV6240 Card. The IP Cam's built in audio is not supported by the current software release, so i want to connect an external microphone on the same channel as the IP Cam.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I don't see why you would not be able to hardwire a microphone since the octopus cables have separate video bnc in and audio in per channel. 1 RCA jack should do the trick, and the 7.7 software allows channel specific volume controls. Actually I would not be surprised if you couldn't just plug a portable CD player into the RCA jack on a channel and get the audio to come through the Aver software to test it.

I was wondering if it is possible to use an IP-Cam together with an analog audio input on a NV6240 Card. The IP Cam's built in audio is not supported by the current software release, so i want to connect an external microphone on the same channel as the IP Cam.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

yes i have 3 axis cameras set up this way there is a bit of a delay but it works.

Thanks guys for the answer. Currently i'm not able to check that because i have only remote access to the dvr. In the 7.7 software the audio feature (in recording setup) is grayed out when setting this channel to IP-Cam.

How can one setup and configure audio recording in this configuration?

Thanks again!

Oh I now see that section in the recording part, that little "i" tells it all.

This function is not available in the below conditions:

1. Video source is IP camera video

2. Video source is remote DVR video

3. You are using hardware compression product

But this is in the recording function part, the analog volume controls are in a separate window. So as I read it, you may still be able to find an IP device to transmit the audio separately and then decode it into analog to get the audio live "delayed." Not sure if recording is an option at all though under those conditions, but maybe the DVR has an audio record locally that you can check into.

That is sort of a bummer for sure.

Good Luck