chamac

Averdigi i-phoneviewer app.

Hi All

Has anyone got the new Avermedia iphone viewer app. working?

My NV5000 is viewable online via Dyndns so the ports etc. seem ok.

I have tried various ports including the correct one 5550 on the app. settings.

I get an error "Starting network failed"

If I use port 80, I get live buttons but they do not work.

Other ports show the buttons but they are not highlighted.

Would a static IP be better? Upload speeds seem ok as the system works fine with webviewer.

Any ideas?

Thanks and happy new year to all.

Charlie.

Got it working with a little help from tech support.

You have to enable the HandyViewer box in network settings.

Use the latest software version too.

Pity about the lack of address book and manual.

Hopefully next version.

I luckily got it working on the first shot no problem. I think it works GREAT!! and a huge selling point to iPhone and blackberry people..

Yep, Top app. Works very well.

Looking forward (hopefully)to an address book to keep settings in version 2.

Got it working with a little help from tech support.

You have to enable the HandyViewer box in network settings.

Use the latest software version too.

Pity about the lack of address book and manual.

Hopefully next version.

Thanks for posting this! I had no idea how to get this working until your tip about the HandyViewer.

Hello,

Where can i fing Handy Viewer? I can't find it on iPhone network configurations...

Thanks,

Rui Rego

Hello,

Where can i fing Handy Viewer? I can't find it on iPhone network configurations...

Thanks,

Rui Rego

you need to entre averdigi viewer in istore

if you have problems i can send you the app

I've already installed the app in my iPhone,

after introdutin the IP, I have the following error:"Starting network failed".

Rui

I've already installed the app in my iPhone,

after introdutin the IP, I have the following error:"Starting network failed".

Rui

which system are you connecting too ???

Your setup has nothing to do with the iPhone.. you now have to look at all the settings in the actual DVR.. under network.. make sure all your ports are forwarded properly. And that the handiviewer checkbox is checked on the DVR.

Again you now have to set up the DVR ports properly.

then is should work

Make sure to enable Handyviewer under network settings. I messed about with that app for weeks before just checking everything. Didn't make sense till it worked

Thanks, it's working.

it was a network configuration of the DVR.

The app works fine, but is very limited. There are some functions that already are available for Windows Mobile that should exist like: See recorded videos; Quad View; Full Screen; Access multiple recorders; Store settings…

I looking forward for an update.

Rui Rego

we have an alternative at http://totalcontrolapp.com. for avermedia it requires windows based units though. beyond that we support about 100+ manufacturers and hundreds or models of ip cameras, dvr, and video encoders. compatibility list to start with here: http://totalcontrolapp.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=91

the avermedia for windows mobile also lets you record. but all avers will connect to a mobile with no software needed

Hi,

I have a DVR system by avermedia (eb1304net) and iphone 3gs.

Downloaded I-viewer from appstore and set it all up and it worked until a few weeks ago.

Now every time I try logging in from iphone or win xp, explorer I get the message

"starting network failed!" but the correct number of buttons light up.

Checked network settings in the dvr but no change needed!

Any help is appreciated.

Gary

Yes the app is simple and easy to configure as described above, but it really bites that you cant save profiles and just click away without typing in the IP addresses everytime. Please let me know if anyone has created a similiar app that allows the profile save. We test a GEO Vision dvr board that had a terrible search and review functions but the iphone app did allow savable profiles. I wish the Avermedia APP worked like GEO Vision APP

Yes the app is simple and easy to configure as described above, but it really bites that you cant save profiles and just click away without typing in the IP addresses everytime. Please let me know if anyone has created a similiar app that allows the profile save. We test a GEO Vision dvr board that had a terrible search and review functions but the iphone app did allow savable profiles. I wish the Avermedia APP worked like GEO Vision APP

Hi kvs13156. the app has been updated and the profile stays on.

I noticed that the profile stays on, but if I want to look at another server I still have to enter IP address, user id, and password. In the GEO Vision App you could choose the profile from a list without typing all that mumbo jumbo. Is this right or is there a way to save a list?

Well that what we have - but the most recent app that I have for avermedia does not appear to allow profile saves. Where did you download this app? and Im talking about the about for I phone that is available in the apple store. Are you talking about the app for the I phone?

No I think you are wrong. The Aver DiGi App only remembers the last location that you viewed. Several of the reviews in the the APP store also indicate this as a downside to this APP. I also saw an APP for $4.99 from Nibblesnbits that claims to support avermedia NV series but they did not indicate whether or not you save profiles. No way would I blow $5.00 without knowing for sure if this were possible.

i need help, i have install nv in my pc the version 7.055 i can't find where i can enable the handiviewer, i want to view my cameras from my iphone and when i try to view from the app say network failed (all ports are opened)

thnx

sot

... but it really bites that you cant save profiles and just click away without typing in the IP addresses everytime.

Ouch! FWIW, the exacq mobile app saves configurations for multiple servers and cameras on those servers.

Best,

Christopher

oppoprison12 -- its in setup - network -- look down towards the right hand part of the menu just above network bandwidth limit

Has anybody got the iphone viewer working with the EB1304NET?

I have upgraded the firmware on my DVR to the latest version (A3.02.38) but when I try to connect all i get is "starting netwok failed". It obviously contacts the DVR because the channel buttons 1 to 4 are showing up for the four cameras.

I don't see any options to enable handyviewer checkbox, were do you do this, on the DVR itself or in the setup menu via webpage?

Anybody help?